cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im confused and a experienced person give me a peace of mind?

tag
MannyG
Established Member

Im confused and a experienced person give me a peace of mind?

OK...bare with me...

On 6/24/12 I paid off $1400 on my Best Buy credit card... on 7/23 Credit Karma updated my debt and showed I paid.. My score didnt move..

Now MyFico hasnt updated my debt being paid down yet.. Whats up with that? How long does it take myfico to update after Credit Karma already has? From what I understand Credit Karma gets info from Transunion..

Did Best Buy not report it to Experian yet??

Another weird thing, MyFico alerted me about a new Slate CC account I was approved for a month ago that JUST NOW updated on my CR, yet my score didnt change..

Im curious to know what my score will be when my debt pay off is updated and how it will coexist with the new CC.. Will it rise? fall or remain the same..

Why is it taking so long to update when CreditKarma already has it updated?

Starting Score: 677
Current Score: 704
Goal Score: 725

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: Im confused and a experienced person give me a peace of mind?

@MannyG wrote:

OK...bare with me...

On 6/24/12 I paid off $1400 on my Best Buy credit card... on 7/23 Credit Karma updated my debt and showed I paid.. My score didnt move..

Now MyFico hasnt updated my debt being paid down yet.. Whats up with that? How long does it take myfico to update after Credit Karma already has? From what I understand Credit Karma gets info from Transunion..

Did Best Buy not report it to Experian yet??

Another weird thing, MyFico alerted me about a new Slate CC account I was approved for a month ago that JUST NOW updated on my CR, yet my score didnt change..

Im curious to know what my score will be when my debt pay off is updated and how it will coexist with the new CC.. Will it rise? fall or remain the same..

Why is it taking so long to update when CreditKarma already has it updated?

You have me confused... are you using Scorewatch on this site? did you pay for your Fico score?

Scorewatch uses Equifax. Credit Karma uses TU. Usually CRAs have different dates things show, at least in my experience.

What kind of debt did you pay off? Was it 1400 on an active card? 1400 on a charged off card?

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 10
MannyG
Established Member

Yes I have score watch.. The debt I paid off is an active Best Buy store card..

Scorewatch notified me that the Chase Slate credit card is now on my credit report.. My score didnt change on MyFico..

CreditKarma reported the Chase Slate credit card the same day as MyFico, but it ALSO updated my Best Buy card being paid off while Myfico didnt..

You get me? Basically I just want to know how long does it usually take for Experian to update after TransUnion? 

Message 3 of 10
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@MannyG wrote:

Yes I have score watch.. The debt I paid off is an active Best Buy store card..

Scorewatch notified me that the Chase Slate credit card is now on my credit report.. My score didnt change on MyFico..

CreditKarma reported the Chase Slate credit card the same day as MyFico, but it ALSO updated my Best Buy card being paid off while Myfico didnt..

You get me? Basically I just want to know how long does it usually take for Experian to update after TransUnion? 

Scorewatch uses Equifax, not Experian.

It should update soon. There is no way to tell when each one will update. Should be in a couple days.

Your real score should increase if you dropped your util a substantial amount. We all know Credit Karma scores are FAKO and shouldn't be trusted.

-scott

Message 4 of 10
MannyG
Established Member

Thank You Scott..

I hope you are right.. The score simulator says after paying off $1400 my score could jump from 677 to 737-777.. That would be freaking awesome.. But I wont believe that until I see it.. Thats a HUGE jump.. My utilzation is only 45% paying off $1400 would make it around 7-10% I think.. But God Willingly the simulator is right

Message 5 of 10
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@MannyG wrote:

Thank You Scott..

I hope you are right.. The score simulator says after paying off $1400 my score could jump from 677 to 737-777.. That would be freaking awesome.. But I wont believe that until I see it.. Thats a HUGE jump.. My utilzation is only 45% paying off $1400 would make it around 7-10% I think.. But God Willingly the simulator is right

Getting it under 10% from 45% should be a large boost, for sure! 

Let us know how it works out

-scott

Message 6 of 10
MannyG
Established Member

Paid $1400 on 6/24 and todays 8/4 and still no scorewatch alerts.. Funny how some things are reported in a day or sometimes the same day and other things arent reported in months.. If I missed a payment I bet it would show up immediately.. Thats life...

Im guessing it will show up in a few weeks on 8/24

Message 7 of 10
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@MannyG wrote:

Thank You Scott..

Likely not to happen, so you should really not have your hopes set to that high of an expectation.

What is your SW score alert setting at right now?  Your alert setting needs to be exactly set to w/e the current EQ score showing within SW is right now.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 8 of 10
MannyG
Established Member

At this point I don't care if it jumps or not. I just want to see what new score is gonna be.. My score watch is set up like its supposed to be.. My lender just mixed a cycle of reporting I'm guessing.. But I need to know before I get a few new credit cards and a gas card,  and a few  increases on current cards.. Then after 7 months hopefully I can build the highest score possible.. 

Message 9 of 10
MannyG
Established Member

Well well well... They finally decided to update my score..

And it jumped a mind boggling 9 points! lol.. I however did open another new account while I waited for the update so I knew the jump wouldnt be high, if anything at all..

My Transunion score jumped from 653 to 669

My Experian score is 631 (YIKES!! how is it so horrible compared to the other 2? o wait, I know why )

My Equifax score went from 677 to 686

I'll take it.. I do have 2 collections under Experian and only 1 collection under the other 2 credit companies..

I plan on getting a Camaro around March or April.. Hopefully my score can jump to 700 by then with cards paid on time and time passed on collections..

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.