Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im in a bit of a dilemma! Need Advice!

tag
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Im in a bit of a dilemma! Need Advice!

A couple of weeks ago i sent a PFD letter to a collection agency and since then i had done some researching and found out that i would not be responsible for this debt because i was a minor when this debt was incurred. Since i used a PFD letter from this site and said that this is a legal binding contract, would i be in violation of the contract if i dont pay them. Reason why because i sent another letter stating that i was a minor and not responsible and asked them to delete account within 24 hrs, from all credit bureaus. Any advice would be helpful!

Oh and i did get a response from the PFD letter stating they would delete from credit file if i paid full amount, signature and all! Thanks!

Message Edited by Schoolbuskid on 01-12-2008 04:05 PM
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Im in a bit of a dilemma! Need Advice!

If you used a letter from here I am sure it says that you dispute the account.  Well, you have given them very valid reason for dispute - at the time you were not legally able to sign a contract.  Don't know why the MD (assuming that account) even treated you w/o parental consent (and if he had it it should be on that person's CR) If they don't remove I would start with complaints to the AGs of your state and the one they are in.

You are not obligated to take their offer (even though you proposed it).  Send a letter to the peron who sign ed this one stating that at the time you were a minor and remove with 24 or you will file complaints with the AGs.

Message Edited by Lady_Scarlet on 01-12-2008 07:19 PM
Message 2 of 4
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

SBK, I would think that b/c you were a minor when the incident took place, that you simply were not responsible for it. You were agreeing to something that could not be legally bound to (IMHO).

Go Pack Go.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
Kasha2008

A few years ago, I disputed some hospital accounts and was told by the CRAs that because it was a medical bill and that is considered a health matter that I was responsible regardless of my age.  I still didn't pay it though.
1/1/08-TU-584
EQ-517
EX- THEY WOULDN'T TELL ME!?!?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.