cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact/Benefit of Voluntarily Removing Toy Card(s) from Credit Report(s)

tag
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Impact/Benefit of Voluntarily Removing Toy Card(s) from Credit Report(s)

@NegotiatorRogerSmith wrote:

No, his limits are consistently higer, despite my reported higher income and more available credit, taking into account the additional credit available to me is proportionate to my income.

How do your proportions compare?

Message 11 of 12
NegotiatorRogerSmith
New Contributor

Re: Impact/Benefit of Voluntarily Removing Toy Card(s) from Credit Report(s)

@takeshi74 wrote:

@NegotiatorRogerSmith wrote:

No, his limits are consistently higer, despite my reported higher income and more available credit, taking into account the additional credit available to me is proportionate to my income.

How do your proportions compare?

Up until the AMEX & Sallie Mae cards (which were weeks from one another), my income:my available credit = his income:his available credit. Now is disproportionate to where he has more available credit to his income than I do.

Main difference, he’s never had a toy card. I do. I consistently find myself looping back to the 3-4 toy cards on my report are considered in some form or fashion in my initial limit offer.

I’m not, however, so brash as to just jump into deleting older, albeit, **bleep** cards. Until I explore this further and gain insight from others, I’ll sit tight. CLI’s are around the corner in June, so I’m just considering some of these radical moves to possibly prove a theory.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.