cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important credit-scoring changes now being introduced to major lenders nationwide

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Important credit-scoring changes now being introduced to major lenders nationwide

Thought you-all might find this article interesting............
http://realtytimes.com/rtcpages/20011112_scores.htm

These little-publicized credit score changes are part of a new, alternative approach being rolled out by the developer of "FICO" scores, the dominant credit-risk ratings used by mortgage lenders, credit card issuers, auto finance firms, insurance companies, employers and landlords across the country. "FICO" is short for Fair, Isaac & Co., Inc., of San Rafael, California. The company calls the new alternative its "Next Generation" scores, as distinct from the "Classic" FICO scores virtually all lenders currently use to rate loan applicants' risk of future defaults.

Will be interesting to see if my scores go up Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Important credit-scoring changes now being introduced to major lenders nationwide

Welcome to six years ago.. this article was published:

Published: November 12, 2001

Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Important credit-scoring changes now being introduced to major lenders nationwide

Ok, thanks. The top of the page says May 18, 2007 hence the error. First mistake I've made this year lol.

No wonder my scored are so high jk.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

"scores"
Message 4 of 6
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

PS.. Welcome to the forums. Didn't want you to think I was coming off rude. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

NP just trying to add my two cents but this time it turned out they were worth less -2 cents Smiley Happy

Thank You!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.