Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In-laws and foreclosure

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

In-laws and foreclosure

This is a case of my son and his former in-laws.  When my son was married to his previous wife, he and his wife agreed to put financing in their name so her parents could buy a house.  The parents were unable to do so on their own because of a recent bankruptcy.  The parents agreed to make the payments, so my son and his wife purchased the house in their name.  The in-laws got them to transfer the house to them via a quit claim deed, agreeing to get the financing changed to them.  My son agreed.  Subsequently, my son & his wife were divorced and the in-laws were delinquent in payments many times, as much as 90+ days, resulting in the loan starting foreclosure.  After all of this the loan was finally issued in their names and my son is living with a foreclosure, as well as late pays on his credit reports.  Is there anything that can be done to get this off his record earilier than the 7 year period or does he just need to wait his out in repayment for his stupidity and unwarranted trust?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: In-laws and foreclosure

DJREF wrote:
This is a case of my son and his former in-laws.  When my son was married to his previous wife, he and his wife agreed to put financing in their name so her parents could buy a house.  The parents were unable to do so on their own because of a recent bankruptcy.  The parents agreed to make the payments, so my son and his wife purchased the house in their name.  The in-laws got them to transfer the house to them via a quit claim deed, agreeing to get the financing changed to them.  My son agreed.  Subsequently, my son & his wife were divorced and the in-laws were delinquent in payments many times, as much as 90+ days, resulting in the loan starting foreclosure.  After all of this the loan was finally issued in their names and my son is living with a foreclosure, as well as late pays on his credit reports.  Is there anything that can be done to get this off his record earilier than the 7 year period or does he just need to wait his out in repayment for his stupidity and unwarranted trust?

My advice would be to talk to an attorney.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.