Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate payments added advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inaccurate payments added advice

This is my only CR blemish and I need to advice please!  I had an account with a utility which I called and closed before moving in 2012.  The account was not closed and racked up lots of missed payments and finally a CO.  I tried to dispute this but have no record of proving I called to cancel.  The CO date was May of 2013.  I did not realize this until a credit pull for a mortgage.  In September 2015 I called and paid the CO in full which my CR now reports.  Now I am seeing additional payments and additional late payments after the May 2013 CO that did not exits from a September 2015 credit report.    What are my options to hopefully end in a deletion because of the inaccurate reporting.  Thanks.

09/2015 report with last payment Jun 2012 (before I moved):

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-H6KxtJPmEyg/VmyaBMjDAmI/AAAAAAAAlm4/l8uT03UFvT8/w950-h259-no/2015...

12/2015 report with payments made in August and September of 2013 with additional late payments:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-1Udjrn-h7jo/VmyaAJ0GTgI/AAAAAAAAlm0/-z5EwPlMM8Y/w649-h147-no/2015...

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Inaccurate payments added advice

First, a dispute of inaccurste informastion applies only to that information, and resolution  does not extend to requirment for deletion of the account or other accurate information.  Since they took a CO, outome of a dispute over the dates and levels of reported delinquencies is not a means to competl deletion of the CO.

As for their revised reporting, they are required to either verify the accuracy of what was disputed or update the reporting so as to reflect its current accuracy.

Thus, the issue is not that they changed their reporting, but rather whether their reporting is now accurate.

Taking of a CO is an accounting measure that does not terminate the continued reporting of delinquencies.

Thus, it is not per se inaccurate to continue reporting of delinquecies after a charge-off.

Is what they are now reporting still inaccurate?

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.