Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inactive/Never Late (status)

tag
2012Repair
Established Member

Inactive/Never Late (status)

reviewing a TL on the EX CR, I noted this status.  what does it mean?  the account is open but inactive or closed and inactive.  if it is open and inactive, issuing a card (because i do NOT carry this card in my wallet -- dont recall obtaining this card whatsoever (NY&C)) so that the age of the account helps.  e.g.  the age on the account is OLD!!  but NY&C is still around...

any thoughts.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Inactive/Never Late (status)

MagMell wrote:
reviewing a TL on the EX CR, I noted this status.  what does it mean?  the account is open but inactive or closed and inactive.  if it is open and inactive, issuing a card (because i do NOT carry this card in my wallet -- dont recall obtaining this card whatsoever (NY&C)) so that the age of the account helps.  e.g.  the age on the account is OLD!!  but NY&C is still around...

any thoughts.

Didn't it used to be called Lerners?  Would you by chance have had a CC from them?
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 2 of 6
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Is it an AU or joint account someone might have put you down for?

Sounds like a very old card that you might have forgotten about... or that changed hands from one company to another.  Hopefully it was not set up by someone other than yourself but if it is that old and you have not had any trouble... doubt it.

You could call NY&Co and see if they will send you a new card... but this might cause that info to delete if it was not yours.  Otherwise, it will stay on around 10 years from when it was closed if it was in good standing.  Being that it does reference 'closed' on one CRA I would probably just leave it alone and assume that that is the correct status.  The card doesn't appear on EQ or TU?
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 3 of 6
2012Repair
Established Member

brilliant!!! yes, i did have a lerners card -- which must now be NY&C.  the account is in good standing but lists it as inactive / never late.  does this mean i have a NY&C account?  and if so, i would be interested in obtaining a card.

also, it only appears on the EX CR.  odd?  therefore, likelihood of it being still open when listed as inactive?

thx for the help.

Message 4 of 6
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

MagMell wrote:
brilliant!!! yes, i did have a lerners card -- which must now be NY&C.  the account is in good standing but lists it as inactive / never late.  does this mean i have a NY&C account?  and if so, i would be interested in obtaining a card.

also, it only appears on the EX CR.  odd?  therefore, likelihood of it being still open when listed as inactive?

thx for the help.

You're very welcome.  Personally I didn't have any luck getting those old TLs updated and active, but my scores were bad when I tried to do so.  I remember looking at an old CR back when I got my first mortgage in 2002 and trying to reactivate my Limited, Lerner, Dillards, Spiegel/Eddie Bauer and original Macy's to show as active/open/zero balance and therefore increase my total TLs.  They didn't show me ANY love, but perhaps you're in a better place than I was. 

Good luck!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

1-800-889-0494
call them up and find out. 
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.