Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incomplete Dispute / TranUnion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Incomplete Dispute / TranUnion

Hello everyone. This is my question I am hoping someone can give me direction with this question:
I sent to TranUnion a dispute letter which I created through My FICO. I had a total of 13 problems. I receive a letter back and in the letter TransUnion addressed only 1 of the problems I listed. This problem was the least important and was about a credit inquiry I do not recognize. Does this mean they addressed only this one problem? Should I receive more information re the additional problems? Or does this mean they took care of the other problems? I thought they needed to list each out and state the outcome.I disputed with Experian at the same time and received a more complete report, with corrections. I am wondering if I need to resubmit the dispute. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Incomplete Dispute / TranUnion

When did TU receive the letter?
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very beginning of December. The reply I received is dated 12/10/07.
I received EX reply 12/27/07. Both were done @ the same time. TU via mail.
EX via internet. With the holidays, just now getting back to business.
Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Each CRA has 30 days to complete the investigations. They also have, by law, up to 15 days beyond that if needed. So, if you mailed it on December 1, it'll place the deadline to Dec. 30 and you gotta add snail mail times into that too for their response. I'd bet you'd hear something by Jan. 15.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your input. It is much appreciated.
I will wait and see what happens.
Hopefully something good.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.