cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconvenienced by NFCU! Is this standard policy?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Inconvenienced by NFCU! Is this standard policy?

@variableResistor wrote:

Would they accept the ceck if endorsed by both parties and left in the nighttime depository?

That is how we get around it LOL

Message 11 of 17
variableResistor
Valued Member

My tution refund check was payable to me and I wrote pay to the order of : <My father's name> and sigened below under it. My father was able to deposit the check without me being present. This was at chase bank.

Message 12 of 17
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

@variableResistor wrote:

My tution refund check was payable to me and I wrote pay to the order of : <My father's name> and sigened below under it. My father was able to deposit the check without me being present. This was at chase bank.

The teller who processed it just let it slip through the cracks. If he was aware of it, he would not have processed. Simply a human error, which happens often in these cases.

Trust me, if you made the teller aware that so and so signed this over to you and he can't verify the signature, he will not process it.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 13 of 17
Datx
Valued Contributor

@SwiftTone wrote:

@variableResistor wrote:

The teller who processed it just let it slip through the cracks. If he was aware of it, he would not have processed. Simply a human error, which happens often in these cases.

Trust me, if you made the teller aware that so and so signed this over to you and he can't verify the signature, he will not process it.

Actually, in variableResistor's scenario, that is perfectly fine. As long as both signatures are on the check, it should be good. I guess it just depends on the bank policy and it varies.

Message 14 of 17
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

@Datx wrote:

@SwiftTone wrote:

@variableResistor wrote:

Actually, in variableResistor's scenario, that is perfectly fine. As long as both signatures are on the check, it should be good. I guess it just depends on the bank policy and it varies.

Usually bank policy requires them to verify signature right? I mean, if that's not the case, I can just sign whatever check I found on the street over to myself.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 15 of 17
XxRaVeNxX
Regular Contributor

Well...just getting back...and at first they tried to say I needed an account there also..She was mistaken. Then the only thing they asked for was my ID. **bleep**?! Why couldn't they have done that at a local branch...very reason I closed my US Bank account...BS like that...

Chase Southwest $5000 - November 2012 Wal Mart $1000 - November 2012 NFCU Visa $5,000 - Sept 2012 NFCU NavCheck $3,000 - October 2012 Amazon $900 - Aug 2012 Kay's Jewlery $2700 - Aug 2012 Buckle $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Roaman's $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Capital One Secured $225 - April 2012 Capital One Platinum $2500 - July 2012
Message 16 of 17
Datx
Valued Contributor

@SwiftTone wrote:

Usually bank policy requires them to verify signature right? I mean, if that's not the case, I can just sign whatever check I found on the street over to myself.

Sure, if you want to risk fraud and jail time. I recently left my position at a big name bank a few months ago where I negotiate checks all day, and sent them to the next level for processing. And I wouldve processed that check if I saw the right signatures on the back of the check.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.