cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect credit utilization on EX and TU with scores to match, but accounts all the same as EQ

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Incorrect credit utilization on EX and TU with scores to match, but accounts all the same as EQ

I have a strange problem I cannot figure out the cause of. My Experian and Transunion scores are both about 50 points lower than my Equifax score. When I view factors negatively impacting my rating both Experian and Transunion say my revolving account balances are too high, while my Equifax says a positive is low utilization. My actual utilization, as reflected in my Equifax, is around 2%. Experian and Transunion both say 62%, but when looking through all my accounts I don't see any reason this would be the case...all the accounts/balances seem to be there and reported correctly. 

Has anyone seen anything like this before? Could this be the reason those two scores are that much lower than my Equifax?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Incorrect credit utilization on EX and TU with scores to match, but accounts all the same as EQ

Do you have some charged off cards that have a balance?  When I had some I did notice that they would be included in my utilization, but I don't remember which CRA it was.  My utilization was showing something like 162% or something crazy like that, but it wasn't always like that and now I have paid them off.

Message 2 of 5
taekwon
Regular Contributor

Re: Incorrect credit utilization on EX and TU with scores to match, but accounts all the same as EQ

I don't have any concrete answers for you, just a comment that maybe helpful. In the past I've called the CB and asked them about issues on my CR I didn't understand. All the CSR I've ever talked to were friendly but not all were knowledgeable. Sometimes it's just a matter of finding the right CSR. This could be another option if you don't find what you're looking for here in the forum.

Starting Scores: EQ 598, EX 566, TU 550, 3/31/13 ....... Goal Score: 830
Current Scores: EQ 845, EX 841, TU 836 ..................... Inq: EQ: 0, EX: 1, TU: 1

Message 3 of 5
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

As stated above, do you have any charge off's listed?  Also, are you an AU on any accounts?

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 4 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Probably not; the interpretations of the reports are usually red herrings in terms of figuring out what's going on.

If you have the report (I'm assuming we're talking about MF), look at the tradeline data, or also look at the actual reason codes between the score models a 50 point difference on one bureau is a pretty big shift which suggests something is different on that one report.  The positives, ignore, just look at the listed negatives both for FICO 8 and then under the additional scores, find differences, and that usually is where the score differential comes in.

        
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.