Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect remark on my account?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Incorrect remark on my account?

Hi there,

I logged into my credit karma account today and noticed that one of my scores had gone down by two points. I thought that was odd, considering I had done nothing to change any of my accounts.

So, I pulled the full report and looked to see what was new. I saw that there was a new "remark" on one of my credit card accounts. When I looked in further, it said the remark was that "Consumer disputes this account information".

I have never disputed my account information with this account. I did, however, dispute a TRANSACTION with them, because the amount on my receipt was not the amount that I was charged. However, that shouldnt count as a dispute with account information, should it?

Has anyone ever seen this before? Should I dispute the dispute?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Incorrect remark on my account?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi there,

I logged into my credit karma account today and noticed that one of my scores had gone down by two points. I thought that was odd, considering I had done nothing to change any of my accounts.

So, I pulled the full report and looked to see what was new. I saw that there was a new "remark" on one of my credit card accounts. When I looked in further, it said the remark was that "Consumer disputes this account information".

I have never disputed my account information with this account. I did, however, dispute a TRANSACTION with them, because the amount on my receipt was not the amount that I was charged. However, that shouldnt count as a dispute with account information, should it?

Thanks in advance!

Nah, juet let it go through the process.  If it's still there in a month or two you can call the bureaus to get the remark removed.  

        
Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You filed a dispute under the FCBA?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure what the FCBA is but I didn't file a dispute anywhere official.

I simply called my credit card company and said that there was an incorrect charge on my account. They opened a case, I had to send them the receipt showing the right amount and they disputed it with the company who made the charge.

But it was never a dispute with my actual account information.

I'm just nervous because it lowered my score and I don't want it to continue to lower it.

Message 4 of 6
NY2014
Established Contributor

I had the same situation with my CSP card ,I disputed a charge where a company charge my card  without authorization ,in May wihen i checked my CR, I noticed tihis on both Tu/Ex (account previously -dispute-investigation comlete report by data funisher) i have no idea why thiswould be reported as commits on my report  But it just  on EX, it was removed,, still on TU,so i guess if , still on your report ,you can wait until its resolved ,or have it removed , I dont know reasons if ones disputing a charge with the CC why they report to CRA's . ?

Fico Score 10/6 EQ 702,16 INQ,TU 740, 9,iNQ EX 705,21 INQ,13%UTIL-
,10 yrs history,1.6 yr AA Cap1 Plat,VentureOne,QS ,Barckey RCI, BBVA,Amex BCE,CSP,NFCU Flag, NFCU Go,NFCU,Cloc NFCU busin,NFCU busin Cloc,Amex Delta busn,Bj's busn Perks,Hawaiian air busin, Citi dc, Discover IT,Chase Hyatt,U.S bank flex perks.,Am,ex Business Plat JCP. Commercial, citi Hilton
Message 5 of 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi there,

Thanks in advance!

That's normal.  They report it to the credit bureaus because when you dispute a transaction with a credit card, by law you are not required to pay that amount while the dispute is underway.  Once the dispute is resolved, the remark should go away.  If it doesn't, you can aways contact the credit bureau to 'dispute' the dispute.

Good luck!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.