Established Member

Increasing FICO scores.

[ Edited ]
My Equifax score rose 5 points in 19 days.
The only thing I can think of to make it rise
is 3 new Amex cards which increased my available
credit? (Scorewatch changed today. KROLL monitors
my credit free of charge due to IBM losing employee
data on stolen tapes and I see every change, but no
score info.)

I charged 1300. on my Amex card and don't plan
to charge anymore! Why? I cut the cards into
tiny pieces. I love to shop. I don't trust
myself and my goal is to have FICO scores in
the 700's.

(My plan was to pay Amex down to 1%, but now
that I've read about 'financial reviews', I
plan to pay more than the min. balance and
avoid finance charges and convert my cards
to one card and let the balance ride as long as
I can.)

Does anyone see a pitfall in this plan?

Update: I paid Amex 10% of my total balance today and
for now my direction is making the (same 10% of balance) payment for
the next 13 months.

PS I really like 'New World Man's' advice to make credit
cards our slaves to make higher FICO scores. >That's what
I interpreted him to mean at least.

Message Edited by peacecindia on 07-16-2007 11:47 AM
Senior Contributor

Re: Increasing FICO scores.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.