cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inncorrect Reciept

tag
Al209

Inncorrect Reciept

At the beginning of the month I had swiped one of my cards at a small grocery co-op.  I don't remember which card it was but I thought it was one of my two visa's, because I remember not being sure if they accepted Discover, which is currently my favorite card.  The reciept agrees with this and says visa, but it doesn't have the account number (*************1234) listed.

I was in the middle of a move at that time and did not have access to a secure internet connection until the 19th, so I was not able to check any of my accounts until then.  After reconsiling my accounts with the reciepts, I realized I couldn't find that transaction anywhere almost three weeks later.  It turned out I must of swiped my discover card, because the card was on it when I was going through my statement.

Is this something that has happened to someone else, where the reciept showed the wrong card type?

Starting Score: 714
Current Score: 728
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: Inncorrect Reciept

No, I have not had that experience.

Sometimes the person swiping the card hits the wrong key (mc, visa, disc, amex), so it may have printed what the person thought it was.

Message 2 of 3
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Re: Inncorrect Reciept

If the merchant does not have an agreement with the processor, than a card can not go through. All Visa cards start with a 4, Master Card 5, Amex 3, etc. However, sometimes a processor will add an additional card for processing and the merchant may not remember or "push" that type of card.  

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.