Valued Member
hippychic823

Inqs: Do they fall off at beginning or end of the month?

Have a quick inq question. Have an inq that will hit the 1 year mark on Sept 7th. My question is: Will it quit affecting my FICO on Sept 7th or will I have to wait til the end of Sept for it to no longer have an effect? I know inqs stay on for 2 years but I know they don't impact your score after a year, so basically I'm trying to figure out when this inq will no longer impact my score. And about how much of a point jump should I expect to see when it no longer effects my FICO?
pizzadude

Re: Inqs: Do they fall off at beginning or end of the month?

hippychic823 wrote:
Have a quick inq question. Have an inq that will hit the 1 year mark on Sept 7th. My question is: Will it quit affecting my FICO on Sept 7th or will I have to wait til the end of Sept for it to no longer have an effect? I know inqs stay on for 2 years but I know they don't impact your score after a year, so basically I'm trying to figure out when this inq will no longer impact my score. And about how much of a point jump should I expect to see when it no longer effects my FICO?

I think that FICO would stop scoring it on Oct 1.   You probably won't see much of a FICO score bump though........inquiries often don't ding your score very much.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}