Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inqs removed!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inqs removed!!

Hey guys! First post! I am VERY excited!!! A week ago I used the myFico dispute letter to dispute a bunch of inqs i've made across all 3 reports. I'm checking my report this morning, and all of my EQ inqs have been removed!!! Will my score raise anymuch at all? It is currently at 644. No lates, No collections, 74% Util (trying my hardest to bring that down) so happy!
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Inqs removed!!

How did you dispute the inquiries?

Congrats!
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used the myFico dispute letter, and checked off all the inqs on my report, printed it out and mailed the letters out to the 3 agencies =)
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

was there a reason you wanted to dispute the inquiries? Or you just wanted them removed to improve your score?

I have a few inquiries that I would like removed but I don't know if they would remove them. I also have no lates or collections on my CR's.
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just wanted them removed so that my score could improve. didnt hurt to try Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 14
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

It's not advisable to dispute anything, esp. inquiries, that you know are your's.

You might only see 1 or 2 points at best. Inquiries fall within a category called "Amount of New Credit" which accounts for 10% of your score. However, I'd guess at 95% of that 10% is just that: the amount of new credit, or credit accounts that you recently obtained. Some lenders see that as an act of desperation to obtain more credit.
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

But how will lenders see that as desperation to get new credit if the inquiries are no longer there? How can they see them if they have been deleted?
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd be careful disputing inquiries, especially if they're legitimate. If the inquiry is attached to a tradeline, the tradeline may get deleted. Also, you run the risk of one of the CRAs putting on a fraud alert.
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

datballa wrote:
Hey guys! First post! I am VERY excited!!! A week ago I used the myFico dispute letter to dispute a bunch of inqs i've made across all 3 reports. I'm checking my report this morning, and all of my EQ inqs have been removed!!! Will my score raise anymuch at all? It is currently at 644. No lates, No collections, 74% Util (trying my hardest to bring that down) so happy!

Thanks for posting this.  It made me get off my butt this morning and send a letter to TU to remove some inquiries I do not recognize.  Now, I need to write a letter to Experian and dispute some versions of my names that do not belong to me. 

Good work!
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

So it would not be a good idea to ask them to remove the inquiries? I was applying to credit cards w/o knowing I had a collection (which was in my CR by mistake) and I was getting denied because of it.

Should I sent a letter and try to have those inquiries removed or just leave them there? I dont want them to put a fraud alert or anything.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.