Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquires not for a credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inquires not for a credit card

This really stinks if this is true but i just aquired a new inquire from ADT security systemfor putting in a new system and i was wondering if this will adviresly affect my credit?  I told the guy I wanted the system but didn't want the inquire and he said that they have a contract with eq that allows them to only ding me 2 points and then it stops affecting my credit....some how i think this will still be considered bad..  Darn and I was really trying not to get any new ones till next year when i try for penfed....

Do you guys think when I apply in feb 09  that penfed will frown on this inquiry for an alarm system? ( I know technically I was seeking some sort of credit from them but it wasn't a credit card at least Smiley Happy  )

Message Edited by laila08 on 09-05-2008 07:59 PM
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Inquires not for a credit card

Same thing happened to me with Apex! I said specifically that I didn't want to do it if it was a hard pull. I'm assuming the soft pulls are the promotional ones? It's not listed with those...
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi likewise, 

I think this is going to be a hard inquiry....i think i will see when i update my true credit file in about a week. MAN! i am so mad at my self but we really needed it since somemailboxes have been vandalized in our neighborhood and we are hoping that it doesn't go further then that but you never know Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent a Non-pp letter w/ intent to sue letter for  recnt INQ for DW.

Message 4 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

.... I told the guy I wanted the system but didn't want the inquire and he said that they have a contract with eq that allows them to only ding me 2 points and then it stops affecting my credit....

This sounds to me like someone unknowledgeable about credit, trying to repeat what someone explained to him about how a hard inq works. A company can't have a contract that controls score damage; that's determined by the scoring formula.

The inq might not count at all, depending on how many you already have. It might count a lot, depending on your current scores and number of inqs. I don't think that the account will be reported, (it shouldn't, because it's not credit) so I wouldn't think that you'd get any further damage.

The moral of the story: never believe anything a vendor tells you about how their credit check will affect you. They don't know squat.

Try what Timothy mentioned: send a non-PP letter (non-permissible purpose) letter. Since the guy gave sort of a fumbley description of a hard, I don't know how much it well help. Smiley Sad
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the info...i have never heard/sent a non-pp letter...where would I find one? And who do I send it to?  FYI: It was a hard. I checked my true credit yesterday on a whim to see if they had put a new inquiry and it was there under credstar and only showing on my EQ report.

So just for the future people who get an ADT system they pull EQ and give you a hard Inq.  no matter what they tell you on the phone. Smiley Mad
Message 6 of 7
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks for all the info...i have never heard/sent a non-pp letter...where would I find one? And who do I send it to?  FYI: It was a hard. I checked my true credit yesterday on a whim to see if they had put a new inquiry and it was there under credstar and only showing on my EQ report.

So just for the future people who get an ADT system they pull EQ and give you a hard Inq.  no matter what they tell you on the phone. Smiley Mad

If you pull an Equifax report from this website you can dispute the inquiry with the sample letter provided here. Once you open your EQ FICO report there will be a listing of everything on your report. Scroll down to the inquiry and type in your comments. Non permissible inquiry. I did not apply for credit with this company. No other comment is necessary. Less said the better. EQ will delete the inquiry.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.