cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquires shared only with you, should I be concerned?

tag
Imamuppet

Inquires shared only with you, should I be concerned?

I just pulled my EX free report online for the first time ever.

I have tons of inquiries, not hard pulls,  and I'm wondering if I should be concerned about them. I have a Gold Card and a Am Ex Store card from Macy's. I use the Gold Card quite a bit, $XXXX monthly, it is my daily use card.

American Express 2- once a month as far back as report goes (two years).

American Express Co- 10 times in 2012 (monthly, but skipped one month), monthly in 2013 through May and twice a month since then.

American Express Account Review- Nov '12, Dec '13, Jan 21st '14, Jan 28 th '14, Feb 12 th '14, March 1st '14.

Interestingly, I opened new CC with Chase on Jan 20th and a new CC with Citibank on Jan 28th. Looking at my hard pulls I also had a pull in Dec '13 on the same exact date Am Ex Account Review requested my history.

I have also opened a Bluebird account and an Am Ex for Target account in the last few months. 

I received a targeted offer from Am Ex to open a buisness card within a week of opening my first buisness card ever, and targeted offers to 'upgrade' my Gold Charge card to a 'pay over time' card monthly for awhile now (and a pop up every time I look at my account online).

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
cakebuilder
New Contributor

Re: Inquires shared only with you, should I be concerned?

unsure if this will help you...but i was receiving a lot of SPs from random companies and i called the opt-out number and they stopped. 

.......$23k....................$8k......................$2k

Current FICO EQ: 775, EX: 764 | Current FAKO CK: 788

Message 2 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Opt out will not stop them from creditors you already do business with.

@cakebuilder wrote:

unsure if this will help you...but i was receiving a lot of SPs from random companies and i called the opt-out number and they stopped. 

OP: I would not worry about them as you are the only one that can see them...

Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

"Concerned" might not be the term I would use, but it can give you possible information.

It could be a good sign if coded as an internal account review.

It might signify thatt the creditor is reviewing accounts for possible credit limit increases.

On the flip side, if you have maintained a high % util on the card for a period of time, internal account reiew might signal review for a possible CL decrease.

I would be concerned if your util has been high for awhile.

Opting out will prevent those with whom you have not initiated a request for credit from doing a soft pull to obtain your name for making a firm offer for credit, so would kill all PRM inquiries.  The down side of opting out is that you wont see whther CRA prescreening shows you meet specified criteria for firm offers for credit.

If a creditor obtains your name via a PRM inquiry, they must make you a firm offer for credit.  Thus, particularly when rebuilding, not opting out may give you useful information as to how your credit file is being viewed against credtior preset criteria.

Message 4 of 6
Imamuppet

Thanks for the replies.

I get a constant stream of targeted offers from AmEx. 

Message 5 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

If you have an AmEx account you should expect SP's from them but any creditor that you have an existing relationship with can SP you as well.  As indicated above, the existence of SP's doesn't really tell you anything by itself and it could be creditors looking to market to you as well.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.