Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquirey Erase (HELP)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inquirey Erase (HELP)

I just checked my credit and there were 17 inquireys on my CR that I did not make. What would be the best way to get them removed, or can I even do that?  Please help.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Inquirey Erase (HELP)

Which credit report is this? If it came directly from one of the three credit bureaus, as opposed to coming from myFICO, TrueCredit, etc., are you sure that you're not looking at soft inquiries?

If not, who are the inqs from, and how old are they? (If they're over one year old, they aren't counting in scoring.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

They were put on there from several different places. But I know I didnt authorize them to do so.  So how do I get them off.
Message 3 of 16
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
They were put on there from several different places. But I know I didnt authorize them to do so.  So how do I get them off.

Jones, Hauling was asking where you obtained the credit reports. Did you get it from myfico.com or directly from the credit reporting agencies? The ones from the CRAs also include "soft" inquiries, which don't affect your score at all. "Hard" inquiries stop affecting score after one year.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the CR from Equifax "Free annual Credit Repot". And they are all Hard Inquiries.
Message 5 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

You might start by cross-checking your personal info at the beginning of the report. Make sure that the addresses are correct, name spellings, any employment info, and so forth. It's possible that someone else's info is popping up on your report. It could also be an accidental or deliberate error in another person's SSN.

You probably then ought to call the businesses that entered the hard inq on you UNLESS they were entered by a collection agency. CA's are starting to hard inq reports, which they have no right to do.

Before you start calling, can you post the names and dates of the inquiries that you don't think are yours? Someone here might recognize some names and be able to tell you what's going on.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I call them or write a letter. And If I write a letter what should the letter include.
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also you said that Inquires stop affecting your score after 1 year but do they stay on your report for 2 years.
Message 8 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Wait, before you do anything, could you please post the mystery inqs here? I'm afraid that they might be from collection agencies sniffing around, and you don't want to initiate contact with them.

Did you check your personal info on the report, to see if they have some stuff wrong?

edit: sorry, didn't see your second post. Yes, inqs are only counted for scoring for one year, but they display on your reports (except your FICO reports) for two years.

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 01-21-2008 01:56 PM
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

CITIFINANCIAL 6/27/06                                
DIRECTV    11/7/06
FIFTH THIRD BANK-CIN IND  5/10/07
GEMB  8/5/07
GEMB/GAP 6/20/07
HSBC RETAIL SERVICES 5/12/06
REGIONAL ACCEPTANCE 5/10/07
TRIAD FINANCIAL CORP. 5/10/07
WELLS FARGO BANK 8/4/07 5/10/07
CITIFINANCIAL AUTO 8/4/07
CITIFINANCIAL AUTO 8/4/07
CITIFINANCIAL AUTO 5/10/07
DAIMLER CHRYSLER 8/4/07
HOUSEHOLD FINANCE CORP  6/27/06
HOUSEHOLD AUTOMOTIVE 8/4/07 5/10/07
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.