Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquirey Erase (HELP)

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Inquirey Erase (HELP)

@Anonymous wrote:
CITIFINANCIAL 6/27/06              --these four are too old to count in scoring                  
DIRECTV    11/7/06
HSBC RETAIL SERVICES 5/12/06
HOUSEHOLD FINANCE CORP  6/27/06

GEMB/GAP 6/20/07

FIFTH THIRD BANK-CIN IND  5/10/07     --all possible car loan inq's?
REGIONAL ACCEPTANCE 5/10/07
TRIAD FINANCIAL CORP. 5/10/07
CITIFINANCIAL AUTO 5/10/07

GEMB  8/5/07 --??? (don't know if GEMB does auto financing?)

CITIFINANCIAL AUTO 8/4/07
CITIFINANCIAL AUTO 8/4/07
DAIMLER CHRYSLER 8/4/07
WELLS FARGO BANK 8/4/07 5/10/07
HOUSEHOLD AUTOMOTIVE 8/4/07 5/10/07

Are all of these the ones you don't recognize? or are some OK?

I'm definitely not an expert here, but one thing that jumps out are all the inqs dated 5/10/07 and then again on 8/4/07. Did you go car shopping around those two dates? It looks as if someone ran your credit through various potential lenders. If so, all those inqs are only counted as 2, one for May and another for August. They call this "de-duping" (de-duplicating), and mortgage inqs and car loan inqs during a certain time frame are clumped together and counted as one. If I'm counting right, that means that nine of them don't count.

Have you shopped for satellite TV? Direct TV is notorious for doing hard inqs without permission, which is a $1000 check made out to you if you can establish this.

Other than the inqs that I clumped, it looks like there is just the one Gap card inq that is being counted for scoring. The others are over 1 year old.

Does this help any?

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes this helps. Thank you. But when I go to apply for credit they say that there are to many inquiries.  And thats what I want to fix.  If all the ones for car loans only count as two why is it still pulling up seperate on my CR.
 Also how do I get the 1000 from Directv, becuase i know for a fact i have never even attempted to get service from them, I have cable and i have had it for a long time.  Thank you so much for your help.
Message 12 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I'm hoping that Timothy will cruise through here soon, because he is death on non-authorized inqs, although plenty of other members know how to do this, too. In the meantime, you might type direct tv into the search box here, and see if you can pull up any helpful threads. Also do a search on non-pp inq or unauthorized inq.

Who is saying that you have too many inqs? If it's on an application for credit, they should be trained properly and understand that this is very common when shopping for cars (or mortgages.) The inqs do all display, even though they are counted as one for scoring (two different issues, just as 2 years' worth are listed, but only 1 year's worth is scored.) Maybe if you can print out the "clumped" list and fax it to wherever you're apping, their light bulb will go on! Smiley Happy

edit: just noticed, CitiFinancial has two hard inqs for the same date. That ought to be one where you can get Citi to delete one as a duplicate.

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 01-21-2008 03:22 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

DirectTV - just call the CRA and dispute it -
Direct TV does this so often they don't even investigate it-

If they were to refuse-
John Suranyi
President Sales & Service

Do not dispute ligitimate INQ's!!!

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I call the CRA and dispute the inquirey am I still entitled to 1,000 from DIRECTV. And if so would I still be rerquired to send them a letter. Even though I call the CRA and disputed it.
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

jones24 wrote:
If I call the CRA and dispute the inquirey am I still entitled to 1,000 from DIRECTV. And if so would I still be rerquired to send them a letter. Even though I call the CRA and disputed it.

You're unlikely to get anywhere calling. Write or fax.

With EQ, if you're sure the INQ ain't yours, dispute them online. Use this link. Even if you're in a CSC state, you should be able to submit it to EQ. While they might reroute the request to CSC, it should still get processed.

Fill in the required fields (those with an asterisk), in the field "Collection Agency, Courthouse, or Credit Company Name" enter the name of the company doing the INQ, in "Account # or Case #" enter "INQUIRY mm/dd/yyyy" where mm/dd/yyyy is the date of the INQ, check Not Mine. You can do up to 6 at a time.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.