cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiries - Fall off or CC stop reporting?

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Inquiries - Fall off or CC stop reporting?

@fused wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Inq's will show for 2 years, but they only count against you for one year. Their worst damage occurs in the first six months, and then they start to fade. After 12 months, they show up on your report, but they are not counted in your scores.
Sorry but no fading on inqs after six months, the negative impact lasts the full twelve months then they scram.Smiley Happy

I think I got confused about this from feedback on my FICO scores. So is it actually the aging of the new account, instead of the (non-)aging of the inq, that helps a score after six months?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is my understanding-

@fused wrote:

Inq's will show for 2 years, but they only count against you for one year. Their worst damage occurs in the first six months, and then they start to fade. After 12 months, they show up on your report, but they are not counted in your scores.
Sorry but no fading on inqs after six months, the negative impact lasts the full twelve months then they scram.Smiley Happy

I think I got confused about this from feedback on my FICO scores. So is it actually the aging of the new account, instead of the (non-)aging of the inq, that helps a score after six months?

Message 12 of 14
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, agreed!
Message 13 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Gotcha, thanks to both. Now I need to undo another post!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.