Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiries falling off early!

tag
sham010379
New Contributor

Inquiries falling off early!

Not complaing but transunion has been dropping all my inquires way before the two year mark. Is this normal?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
alvon123
Super Contributor

Re: Inquiries falling off early!

Are you using any credit monitoring products, such as Credit Karma or Smart Credit?

Message 2 of 8
bed
Valued Member

My myFICO reports only show inquiries up to a year back, even though they are actually on my CR two years back.  I'm guessing they just do this because the FICO model only takes them into account up to one year.  Still, it would be good to know if a lender is going to see older inquiries.

Message 3 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@sham010379 wrote:

Not complaing but transunion has been dropping all my inquires way before the two year mark. Is this normal?

Remember, if TU taketh away, TU can giveth back.

Ditto to the CMS comment above. It's normal.

Message 4 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@bed wrote:

My myFICO reports only show inquiries up to a year back, even though they are actually on my CR two years back.  I'm guessing they just do this because the FICO model only takes them into account up to one year.  Still, it would be good to know if a lender is going to see older inquiries.

Yes, they can see them for all 2 years. Your non-myFICO reports will show the inquiries for 2 years. IME, I never had any lender care about inquiries outside a year...some didn't care outside a few months.

Message 5 of 8
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I've never had an inquiry fall off early. Mine usually fall off way after the date they report they will fall off. I have noticed alot of times the credit bureau will remove the inquiry to add it back under different name (ex. JP Morgan inquiry to Chase inquiry). It usually has all the same info and reporting date time.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 6 of 8
MaRain
Regular Contributor

@sham010379 wrote:

It's been normal for me Smiley Wink TU has dropped items off approximately 6 months before the 7 year mark and at least 2x approximately 9 months before. I have pulled my reports directly from TU and they were gone (they have not returned and with the CR reporting period long past, I am assuming that they should not return). EQ has been up to 3 months before and EX up to 2 months before the CR  time period is up. 

Back in the garden until 10/2015.

Starting Score: EQ 714, EX 658, TU 691 (pulled by mortgage lender on 10/7/14)
Current Score: EQ 656, EX 660, TU 660 (FAKOS pulled on 3/26/15)
Goal Score: EQ 760, EX 700, TU 760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine too! My view, "don't look a gift horse in the mouth".
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.