New Contributor
sham010379

Inquiries falling off early!

Not complaing but transunion has been dropping all my inquires way before the two year mark. Is this normal?

Senior Contributor
alvon123

Re: Inquiries falling off early!

Are you using any credit monitoring products, such as Credit Karma or Smart Credit?

Established Member
bed

My myFICO reports only show inquiries up to a year back, even though they are actually on my CR two years back.  I'm guessing they just do this because the FICO model only takes them into account up to one year.  Still, it would be good to know if a lender is going to see older inquiries.

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

sham010379 wrote:

Not complaing but transunion has been dropping all my inquires way before the two year mark. Is this normal?

Remember, if TU taketh away, TU can giveth back.

Ditto to the CMS comment above. It's normal.

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

bed wrote:

My myFICO reports only show inquiries up to a year back, even though they are actually on my CR two years back.  I'm guessing they just do this because the FICO model only takes them into account up to one year.  Still, it would be good to know if a lender is going to see older inquiries.

Yes, they can see them for all 2 years. Your non-myFICO reports will show the inquiries for 2 years. IME, I never had any lender care about inquiries outside a year...some didn't care outside a few months.

Valued Contributor
maiden_girl

I've never had an inquiry fall off early. Mine usually fall off way after the date they report they will fall off. I have noticed alot of times the credit bureau will remove the inquiry to add it back under different name (ex. JP Morgan inquiry to Chase inquiry). It usually has all the same info and reporting date time.

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 764 (EQ) 732 (EX) 757 (TU) 9/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One QS NPSL (5.0k) | Discover IT (6.0k) | Walmart Mastercard (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)

Regular Contributor
MaRain

sham010379 wrote:

It's been normal for me :smileywink: TU has dropped items off approximately 6 months before the 7 year mark and at least 2x approximately 9 months before. I have pulled my reports directly from TU and they were gone (they have not returned and with the CR reporting period long past, I am assuming that they should not return). EQ has been up to 3 months before and EX up to 2 months before the CR  time period is up. 

Out of the garden.

Starting Score: EQ 457, EX 424, TU 511 (FAKOS as of 4/27/12)
Current FICO Scores: EQ 714, EX 658, TU 691 (pulled by mortgage lender on 10/7/14)
Goal Score: EQ 700, EX 700, TU 720 (for now)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Community Leader
Super Contributor
ArmyVietVet

Mine too! My view, "don't look a gift horse in the mouth".

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 810
Goal Score: 850

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}