Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiries falling off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inquiries falling off

I have a EX of 472.... OUCH!!! WOrking on it now tho'. There are about 12 inquiries from car finance companies from july last year. 1) will they fall off in july or august 1st? 2) will this help with my scores. I have no open CCs, and several lates, chargeoffs, collections. But like I said I am working on this problem now. I will be opening a secured CC before much longer. Should I carry a small balance on this card, or run up and pay off??
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Inquiries falling off

According to our experts here you are much better off maintaining a small balance.  Try to keep it between 1 and 9% and it help increase your score.  Good luck!
Message 2 of 4
MM1234
Regular Contributor

I would think that since INquires hurt your score that it should help if they fall off. Try for a Bank Of America Secured. I hear they give you a $500 CL for $99 Dep. Then they refund your Dep. after like 6 months?
Message 3 of 4
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Inqs stay on yoru report for 24 months. FICO only calculates those that are under 12 months.

See the scoring 101 thread.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.