Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiries leaving after 1 year?

tag
revjamesl
Valued Contributor

Inquiries leaving after 1 year?

I got my updated quarterly myfico report and all my inquiries older than 1-year are no longer showing on my reports. It's my understanding that they don't count against your score after 1 year but that they remain for two years.

Have things changed? Thanks, for any responses.
AMEX Platinum NPSL | Discover It $45.9k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $40.7k |Barclay Arrival+ WEMC $40k | PENFED Platinum Rewards VS $35k | Lowes $35k | BoA Better Balance Rewards $30k | AMEX EDP $25k | Cap 1 QS $23.25k | NASA Platinum $20k | Chase Freedom $15k | Synchrony Haverty's $16.5k | BBVA NBA Rockets AMEX $15k | FNBO AMEX $15k | Citi Diamond Preferred $10.7k | Best Buy $10k | Synchrony Rooms-to-Go $10k | US Bank Cash+ $7.5k | AMEX BCE $6k | Barclay Financing Visa 1k | |

AU on DW Accounts: Discover It $40k I AMEX BCE $30k | Chase Marriot $29.8k |

Credit Scores: 800 EQ/833 TU/831 EX
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Inquiries leaving after 1 year?

I wish, two years is a bit excessive in today's world.  This aint the 60s.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've got almost a dozen INQ's that are over 1 year old and all still showing on my CR's. I'm not certain if they're affecting my scores still, but they're all still showing. I'd love to see them gone.
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

At OP, are you sure your report is showing the last 2 years, some reports only show the last year.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@revjamesl wrote:
I got my updated quarterly myfico report and all my inquiries older than 1-year are no longer showing on my reports. It's my understanding that they don't count against your score after 1 year but that they remain for two years.

Have things changed? Thanks, for any responses.

I pulled my new one today as well and noticed that. I thought something had changed from my last 3B report, but I had some from July 9th of last year that now don't show. I thought it was strange

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes!  Finally found someone!  It happened to me also.  Down to 12 total inq's across the board with TU reporting only 1!  It's been this way now for 2 months.  Nothing like CK that took them away from TU for a week and then returned them.  Maybe it's the new way?  Since they don't count on your fico any longer, why would they still report?  We can only hope that's true.  Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

That would be purely awesome

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're pulling your 3B on Myfico, it only shows the inquires in the direct last 12 months. You still have the ones from the previous 11 months if they haven't aged off. The 3B report has a way of confusing since it only shows the inquiries for the timing that's still affecting your actual scores (which is said to be the direct 12 months before today) Like my February 3B shows all my inquiries from March 2015 to February 2016 which is shows 20 TU inqs but when I pull up CK, it shows I really had 29 at that time

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tamaralig wrote:

If you're pulling your 3B on Myfico, it only shows the inquires in the direct last 12 months. You still have the ones from the previous 11 months if they haven't aged off. The 3B report has a way of confusing since it only shows the inquiries for the timing that's still affecting your actual scores (which is said to be the direct 12 months before today) Like my February 3B shows all my inquiries from March 2015 to February 2016 which is shows 20 TU inqs but when I pull up CK, it shows I really had 29 at that time

You know I checked on this since it didn't make a bit of sense and this is the only thing I found:

Credit Inquiries.
When you apply for a loan, you authorize your lender to ask for a copy of your credit report. This is how inquiries appear on your credit report. The inquiries section contains a list of everyone who accessed your credit report within the last two years. The report you see lists both "voluntary" inquiries, spurred by your own requests for credit, and "involuntary" inquires, such as when lenders order your report so as to make you a pre-approved credit offer in the mail.

So CK would be the one we need to rely upon for our inq's?

Thanks for the info.  Very helpful. Woman Very Happy

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do have all but 1 leaving in a couple of months on my TU report.  I would say they're not off too much.  Gotta check EX & EQ.  Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.