Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiries leaving after 1 year?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Inquiries leaving after 1 year?

I knew my other inqs were there due to CK, but I really feel like this should be clear on the 3B. No sense in getting us needlessly excited! Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 14
Kelsey_H
Former myFICO Employee

@revjamesl wrote:
I got my updated quarterly myfico report and all my inquiries older than 1-year are no longer showing on my reports. It's my understanding that they don't count against your score after 1 year but that they remain for two years.

Have things changed? Thanks, for any responses.

Hey there! Here's the deal: 

• Inquiries stay on a credit report for 2 years
  • At myFICO, we only show inquiries posted in the last 12 months as FICO® Scores only consider inquiries posted in the last 12 months.
  • So, you may still see those older inquiries on credit bureau reports pulled from other sources 

Hope that helps! 

Message 12 of 14
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I wish, two years is a bit excessive in today's world.  This aint the 60s.

Has nothing to do with being the 60's versus being the 10's.  New credit and credit seeking activity is a risk factor that the creditors consider.  If you have "too many inquiries" in a 2 year timeframe then your real problem is your credit profile unless you went spree crazy.  Despite the obsession over them, inquiries are a small factor.  Where they can have a bigger impact is for those with thin credit profiles and/or profiles with issues.

@Anonymous wrote:

I knew my other inqs were there due to CK, but I really feel like this should be clear on the 3B. No sense in getting us needlessly excited!

You shoul always understand your tools.  These forums can be useful resource for understanding myFICO as well as credit in general.  Don't rely on "feel" or assumption.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

takeshi74 wrote

@Anonymous wrote:

I knew my other inqs were there due to CK, but I really feel like this should be clear on the 3B. No sense in getting us needlessly excited!

You shoul always understand your tools.  These forums can be useful resource for understanding myFICO as well as credit in general.  Don't rely on "feel" or assumption.

I think you are misunderstanding me. I'm not relying on feel or assumption. I'm well aware of my inquiries. My feeling is an opinion that it should be stated on MyFICO's reports that we are only viewing the last 12 months. Not everyone that has the product is an active member of the community. Both my father and sister use the service to monitor, but have never set foot on these forums. As a result, my sister thought she had significantly less INQs than she did.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.