Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiries not reporting?

tag
k-s
Regular Contributor

Inquiries not reporting?

Hey all! 

Just have a quick question regarding inquiries. I know that as usual, YMMV, but I'm interested in what is typical. 

About  6 weeks ago, I applied for several cards. I was approved for all of them, and most with quite generous limits. All is good there. However, no inquiries have been reported to the bureaus...I applied for Amex TE, Amex BCE, Nordstrom, Discover It, and a Visa with my CU. 

On Credit Karma, Credit Sesame, and MyFico Score Watch, I have seen only 2 inquiries. One on EX from Amex and one on TU from my CU for the initial account opening (none for the credit card app though). Obviously, Discover and Nordstrom didn't extend approvals without a HP, so what gives? I suppose the inquiries not reporting right away was probably a benefit for me, since there were only a couple of inquiries visible even toward the end of my app spree, but I'm still curious.

In the past, HPs have always appeared on these monitoring sites within about 48 hours. That has held true with CapOne, Amex, and Volkswagen Credit.

Anyone else experience inquiries delaying to report? 

EQ MyFICO: 719 - Discover It TU FICO: 749 - EX 728
Amex PRG: NPSL | Amex Blue Sky: 2k | Amex BCE: 10k | Amex TrueEarnings: 5k | Amex Delta Gold: 2k | Discover It: 4k | SFCU: 13k | Quicksilver: 4k | Venture: 10k | Freedom: 2k | CSP: 7.5k | Amazon Visa: 5k | Citi TYPremier: 6.3k | Best Buy: 4.5k | Macy's Amex: 6k | Nordstrom: 4k | Old Navy Visa: 4k | Target: $1.2k | Angel: 1k
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Jerryf08
New Contributor

Re: Inquiries not reporting?

When I applied for BOA in July, they did hit me with a Hard Pull, but then about a week later I get a notification on Credit Karma that it was removed. I was confused for a bit, so a couple weeks later I actually did purchase my reports/score just to verify and sure enough there was no inquiry. Thought it was strange but at least it benefits me.

Chase Freedom: $5000, CSP: $12800 Chase Hyatt: $5000, Amazon Visa: $500, Amex BCE: $23200, Discover IT: $3600, Walmart Disc: $7500, BOA Cash $5000, Best Buy: $3500
Message 2 of 4
k-s
Regular Contributor

@Jerryf08 wrote:

When I applied for BOA in July, they did hit me with a Hard Pull, but then about a week later I get a notification on Credit Karma that it was removed. I was confused for a bit, so a couple weeks later I actually did purchase my reports/score just to verify and sure enough there was no inquiry. Thought it was strange but at least it benefits me.

Weird! I've never had an inquiry appear and then go away. Interesting.

I actually just got my Nordstrom card in the mail tonight and enclosed was my Experian FICO score, so we know they pulled it, it's just not reporting.

EQ MyFICO: 719 - Discover It TU FICO: 749 - EX 728
Amex PRG: NPSL | Amex Blue Sky: 2k | Amex BCE: 10k | Amex TrueEarnings: 5k | Amex Delta Gold: 2k | Discover It: 4k | SFCU: 13k | Quicksilver: 4k | Venture: 10k | Freedom: 2k | CSP: 7.5k | Amazon Visa: 5k | Citi TYPremier: 6.3k | Best Buy: 4.5k | Macy's Amex: 6k | Nordstrom: 4k | Old Navy Visa: 4k | Target: $1.2k | Angel: 1k
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Inquiries are not the reporting of information regarding a consumer to a CRA, they are just the opposite.

They are requests to see what others have reported.

When a CRA rreceives an inquiry, they must review for a stated permissible purpose.

How that inquiry then gets entered info a consumer's credit report is not covered by any published procedures.

It is not coverd in the standard CRA reporting manual, as it is not credit reporting.

The inquriee is required under the FCRA only to provide a stated permissble purpose, but the FCRA does not regulate how inquiiies are coded by the CRAs.

Perhaps the CRAs determine their posting to CRs based only on the stated permissible purpose, or perhaps the inquiree provides codes for directing the CRA how to post.

There are no published procedures that I am aware of that describe that process.

Thus, I know of no way to tell if lack of any showing in one's CR was due to lack of coding instructions by the inquiree, or some internal processing by the CRA.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.