Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiries on EQ just disappeared?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inquiries on EQ just disappeared?

Curious if anyone else has experienced this: I had two inquires show up on EQ; one was in February for Sprint, and one was in August of 2011 for Cap1. They reported to EQ earlier this month. Since then, my last collection stopped reporting, but the inquiries a few days later also stopped reporting. Not sure if EQ hiccuped, or if there's a glitch, or if this is actually somewhat normal... I'd love for the rest to fall off of EX and/or TU!

Happen to anyone else? I've done no disputes, etc, just regular credit monitoring via USAA...

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: Inquiries on EQ just disappeared?

I've been pulling my report almost daily through USAA for about 1 year now.  I have yet to see any inquries just fall off due to my pulls.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's quite strange... I could almost justify the Sprint inquiry being removed, by Sprint, because, well, it's a freakin' cell phone. No real need for a two-year mark on a credit report for that. So I'm now thinking it's a hiccup by EQ? Wonder if they'll come back... It bumped up my EQ by quite a few points, so I'm not complaining...

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would imagine that, of all areas of CRA business, the handling of inquiries and their associated data is probably the least of concern and the most automated.

They receive hundreds of thousands a day, and they are not actually the reporting of consumer information, so I would highly doubt if anyone is spending a second of time to give consideration to earlier removal of any specific types of inquiries.

I would vote on the hiccup theory.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, all the major carriers do hard pulls when applying for service, even if you technically don't consider it a line of credit.  You're getting a subsidized phone at a fraction of the retail price, etc.

Anyways, I've never heard of INQs just falling off before, so I would consider it very lucky, and hopefully they don't reappear in the future.  Either way, after a year they'll be gone for good in terms of affecting your FICO scores.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.