Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiries two years time frame?

tag
2Bfree
Regular Contributor

Inquiries two years time frame?

Looking at the Trans Union cr under regular inquiries it states as, the following companies have received your credit report.  Their inquiries remain on your credit report for two years.

Why it states this and Trans Union is reporting a inquiry date pulled 2/6/06 then when I dispute it too old to be reporting they tell me that it can be removed any time in Feb 08.  The message under Regular inquiries don't state "two years and some weeks or two years and some months". How can that be?
img src="https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/image/serverpage/i
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Inquiries two years time frame?

I have seen this as well-
They are only counted in scoring for 1 year, so most people do not stress it- I highly discourage disputing valid INQ's even if it should have fallen off already-

2Bfree wrote:
Looking at the Trans Union cr under regular inquiries it states as, the following companies have received your credit report.  Their inquiries remain on your credit report for two years.

Why it states this and Trans Union is reporting a inquiry date pulled 2/6/06 then when I dispute it too old to be reporting they tell me that it can be removed any time in Feb 08.  The message under Regular inquiries don't state "two years and some weeks or two years and some months". How can that be?

Message 2 of 13
2Bfree
Regular Contributor

What about companies where you apply for credit on 11/8/07 and was denied and send a pre-approval letter afterward and apply on 12/20/07 and they pull inquries both times but you only have one acct which was open on 12/20/07 should I ask to have the first hard pull removed.  They all so pulled a soft on 10/31/07.

Others like: I applied for a saving acct with Wells Fargo online and they pulled 1 hard at the Portland, OR location, two soft one at the Concord, CA location, and West Des Moines, IA location all on the Experian report, but on the Trans Union they only pulled a soft at the Concord, CA location and they did not pull EQ at all.  Explain why should I dispute I only applied for a saving acct ONLY?
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

These are all valid INQ's -
I  suggest leaving them alone-

2Bfree wrote:
What about companies where you apply for credit on 11/8/07 and was denied and send a pre-approval letter afterward and apply on 12/20/07 and they pull inquries both times but you only have one acct which was open on 12/20/07 should I ask to have the first hard pull removed.  They all so pulled a soft on 10/31/07.

Others like: I applied for a saving acct with Wells Fargo online and they pulled 1 hard at the Portland, OR location, two soft one at the Concord, CA location, and West Des Moines, IA location all on the Experian report, but on the Trans Union they only pulled a soft at the Concord, CA location and they did not pull EQ at all.  Explain why should I dispute I only applied for a saving acct ONLY?

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just curious, but why would you leave them alone? I thought the less INQs you had the better? I have disputed all of mine from 2005-2006. I have read that they stay on UP to 2 years so that is what I put in my DL. It actually worked .. LOL well, NOT with TU, but the others. I went from 11 on my EQ down to 5.

~Cujo
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Several reasons-

First multiple INQ's from the same company only ding FICO once-

2nd- If any good TL's came about from the INQ- they may be removed.

3rd- This is a great way to get a Fraud alert and be labeled as a frivilent disputer

4th the valid INQ's are there for a reason-

cujo31 wrote:
Just curious, but why would you leave them alone? I thought the less INQs you had the better? I have disputed all of mine from 2005-2006. I have read that they stay on UP to 2 years so that is what I put in my DL. It actually worked .. LOL well, NOT with TU, but the others. I went from 11 on my EQ down to 5.

~Cujo

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Tim for actually explaining that in a way that makes sense Smiley Happy I have never put it in those ways, hence why I got some of mine off there. Thanks again man!

~Cujo
Message 7 of 13
2Bfree
Regular Contributor

Timothy, do multiple inquiries of the same company on different date only count once in a year against your score. 
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep- Only the oldest one counts-

2Bfree wrote:
Timothy, do multiple inquiries from the same company on different date only count once in a year against your score. 

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

timmy--does that mean since i got the CCCU card i will get back the 19pt hit i took from inq?
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.