Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiries

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inquiries

Ok trying everything to raise my credit scores, waiting for results to several disputes and I started to look at the number of inquiries on my account and was astonished to find there are (brace yourself) 52 for 2007 and 29 for 2006. I was wondering if there are any ways or tricks to get these removed?
10 are from Auto Inquires and the rest are who knows. 8 of them are HSBC and I just sent them an adjusted non PP letter via fax. Are there any other ways to get them removed alot of them are same companies over and over again.. any help would be greatly appreciated!

current during disputes (only collection and neg items no TL's)
EQ 506 EX 503 TU 501
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: Inquiries

What is the breakdown of hard, soft, and promo?  I'm just curious. 

The PP situation aside, as for the ones that are correct the good news is that the only ones that count are the last 12 months of hard INQs with more emphasis to the prior 6 months.  All INQs drop after 24 months.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is not unusual to have that many under the 'soft' inquiry list.  This is called "Requests (or inquiries) viewed only by you" section, and these do NOT impact your credit score.  Anyone

The 'hard' inquiries are the ones you have to minimize, as these DO affect your score.  They are called "Requests (or Inquiries) viewed by others".

Please review your report.  If these 50+ are from the first list, you are ok.  If not, Houston, we have a problem.
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

These are ALL hard inquiries. Have way fewer soft inquiries. Again these are all Hard Inquiries I thought this would really crap out my scores which is why I asked you fortunes of knowledge( you are all so great to help everyone) what you thought.
thanks again and please continue to reply to this any and all help is greatly appreciated!!
Message 4 of 19
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

carriewink wrote:
These are ALL hard inquiries. Have way fewer soft inquiries. Again these are all Hard Inquiries I thought this would really crap out my scores which is why I asked you fortunes of knowledge( you are all so great to help everyone) what you thought.
thanks again and please continue to reply to this any and all help is greatly appreciated!!

Holy poo!  Ok I need coffee for this... be back!  

Oh my gosh!   Smiley Surprised
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 5 of 19
MeganML84
Frequent Contributor

carriewink wrote:

Wow.

I dont know what to tell you except 'good luck'. I have been trying to get Wells Fargo to delete ONE non-PP inq from my TransUnion and they will not respond to me no matter what I send them. So I have resorted to filing complaints with every consumer advocacy agency out there and emailing any government official I can find.

You can always try disputing them...by snail mail of course.
Wisdom doesn't automatically come with old age. Nothing does - except wrinkles. It's true, some wines improve with age... but only if the grapes were good in the first place.
Message 6 of 19
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Phew, OK.

I agree, dispute by mail, not online.  And I see you are familiar with the method, which is the a non authorized INQ letter like this:   http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&thread.id=3900

Just compile all the non authorized ones, hard and soft (minus soft promo unless you are an OPT-OUT), group by company, and send 1 letter each with all the related dates they pulled listed.

You don't want to do this online as a dispute for the reason that with this many, it might be labeled frivolous and therefor the CBRs might not investigate, and also because they will probably freeze up everything with a fraud alert. 

Before doing so though, make sure you understand PP fully.  I'm pretty sure there is a refresher on it in the above link.

With any hard INQs that are left, check for possible coding errors.  For instance, did you have an account with a creditor and they went to do an internal review but did a hard INQ instead of a soft etc. 
Message 7 of 19
John060675
Valued Contributor

Hard inquiries do not count against your score after 1 year, so the ones in 2006 I would not even worry about.  Even if they still show up on your CR after 1 year, they do not affect the score.

Now, concerning the others that are more recent, that is tough.  I would write the ones that you did not approve to get them removed. Other than that all you can do is ask nicely to the others you did approve, but I have never had anyone remove an approved inquiry.

Just cool your heels, and all you have to do is wait 365 days.  They will fall off.

Sorry, I know this is probably not what you want to hear, but it is all I can see to do.

Good luck!

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 19
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@SmartCookie wrote:
What is the breakdown of hard, soft, and promo? I'm just curious.
The PP situation aside, as for the ones that are correct the good news is that the only ones that count are the last 12 months of hard INQs with more emphasis to the prior 6 months. All INQs drop after 24 months.

I must introduce you to Experian.
Message 9 of 19
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

smallfry wrote:

I must introduce you to Experian.

Ah yes, the CRA from that hot place down below  Smiley Happy

Nearly as bad as Cingular.  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.