Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiries??

tag
missgamecock
Contributor

Inquiries??

I have some inquiries on my credit report that I NEVER authorized.

I have 2 for Nationwide Credit. I think this was related to an AMEX account that they sent to collections. AMEX closed my green card account which I paid immediately and not through a CA. However, they closed my blue card account too and demanded the balance. The CA is collecting on it. It will be completely paid off next week. I have an agreement with the CA not to report it. However, they have made 2 inquiries on my credit report that can be viewed by others. I never authorized it and it shows as permissible purpose.

The other two are ones that an auto dealer did. I came in with a blank check loan from Capital One, so I had no need for dealer financing. They still ran it through 2 banks??? These say for purpose of auto loan.

Can I get these off? I really don't want the Nationwide Credit one as inquiries. Can they inquire on my credit if I have never given my permission??
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Inquiries??

The CA does not have PP and you could sue them

The dealer only had PP if you filled out a credit application.

@missgamecock wrote:
I have some inquiries on my credit report that I NEVER authorized.
I have 2 for Nationwide Credit. I think this was related to an AMEX account that they sent to collections. AMEX closed my green card account which I paid immediately and not through a CA. However, they closed my blue card account too and demanded the balance. The CA is collecting on it. It will be completely paid off next week. I have an agreement with the CA not to report it. However, they have made 2 inquiries on my credit report that can be viewed by others. I never authorized it and it shows as permissible purpose.
The other two are ones that an auto dealer did. I came in with a blank check loan from Capital One, so I had no need for dealer financing. They still ran it through 2 banks??? These say for purpose of auto loan.
Can I get these off? I really don't want the Nationwide Credit one as inquiries. Can they inquire on my credit if I have never given my permission??

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you get PFD in writing?  If so, it probably only addressed deleting the account and not reporting it on your CB.  This certainly brings up the issue of being sure to include inquiriies in PFD agreements.   I hadn't thought of that.

Message Edited by dwarfess on 11-08-2007 07:48 AM
Message 3 of 6
missgamecock
Contributor

It is a verbal agreement with the CA. They have kept their end of the bargain and are not reporting it. However, I NEVER authorized them to check my credit. Why would they do that?

I never filled out a credit application at the dealership.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can call your local DMV investigations dept. and have them call the Car Dealer...They regulate this kind of activity, and can pull their license for such things...I had a simular experience!
Call the dealer first talk with the General Manager...and let him know what you intend to do...chances are he will do something without you going to the DMV. Good luck!
Message 5 of 6
missgamecock
Contributor

I think I am going to have to try and dispute it. The dealership that did it is now out of business. He owed Ford 10 million dollars and Ford credit repossessed the dealership and auctioned off everything in August. He operates a different dealership now, but not the same name. He was such a crappy guy and everyone hates him in town now. I am po'd that they ran my credit when I came in with a blank check from Capital One. GRRRRRRRR.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.