Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiries

tag
CBuff
New Contributor

Inquiries

I've been applying to a number of apartments in the Bay Area and obviously, the landlords want to run a credit check.  Does anyone know if this will affect my score?  I have had 3 potential landlords pull my credit and I'm applying to probably 5 or 6 more apartments.  I'm trying to give them a copy of my report first, for screening purposes, and then allow them to pull my credit if I'm "in the running" for the apartment, but none of the landlords/agents seem to want to do that.

Any info is appreciated.  Thanks!

Starting scores in 2007: sub 600
April 2011 scores: EXP - 662; EQ - 683; TU - 675
June 22, 2011 scores: EXP - 662; EQ - 694; TU - 685
June 29, 2011 scores: EXP -681 ; EQ - 694; TU - 710
Goal: 700+
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Inquiries

If they pull a hard, and they usually do, then yes, it can hurt your score, depending on where you are in your inq count on each bureau pulled.

Back when I thought I was moving into an apartment several years ago, they pulled my EX report, and the hard inq is still there. (Falls off in September, I think.)

Try getting copies of your full reports, printing them out, and taking them with you. Maybe they'll accept that if it's new, or allow you to pull again (= $) in their presence, so that they know it's a fresh report.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 3
CBuff
New Contributor

Re: Inquiries

Thanks for the reply, haulingthescoreup.  So far all the landlords have pulled a hard inquiry...SUCKS!  I'm carrying a copy of my credit report with me to showings now and offering that, so hopefully that will tide a potential landlord over until they make a final decision.  Fingers crossed my score doesn't dip too low from all these inquiries!

Starting scores in 2007: sub 600
April 2011 scores: EXP - 662; EQ - 683; TU - 675
June 22, 2011 scores: EXP - 662; EQ - 694; TU - 685
June 29, 2011 scores: EXP -681 ; EQ - 694; TU - 710
Goal: 700+
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.