cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiry Removal Time

tag
jwall10

Inquiry Removal Time

I have 2 inquires on my Experian report that says it will expire on May 2014. Would they be removed today or is it random date in May?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Inquiry Removal Time

Deletion of inquires is not regulated under the FCRA.

It is an admin deletion by the CRAs, and is at their discretion when they actually purge.

Message 2 of 7
stengiz
Regular Contributor

i still see an inquiry from 2 years ago that was supposed to come off  mid april

last app July 13 2016
Message 3 of 7
policebox
Contributor

@jwall10 wrote:

I have 2 inquires on my Experian report that says it will expire on May 2014. Would they be removed today or is it random date in May?

The timing is different for each of the CRAs. In the case of Experian, items scheduled for deletion are purged on the first Saturday after the month of expiry. For your case, an inquiry scheduled to be deleted in May 2014, should actually disappear on June 7, 2014.

Message 4 of 7
mizliz1011

Question- If experian deletes pulls on the first Sat after the month/year of inquiry removal,does it do the same with an old tradeline? would love to know as I have a feeling that they delete last of the CRA's...

Message 5 of 7
mizliz1011

would also be interested in anyone's experience with the timing of all CRA deletes!

Message 6 of 7
mizliz1011

Re:CRA Inquiry Removal Time

Question- If experian deletes pulls on the first Sat after the month/year of inquiry removal,does it do the same with an old tradeline? would love to know as I have a feeling that they delete last of the CRA's...

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.