Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiry question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inquiry question

Is it really true that several of the same type of inquiry within a two week period reflects as only one inquiry?  Does it affect your score badly when you go to just one place to buy a car and they shotgun out your information?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Inquiry question

Auto and Mortage Inqs only count as one.

See the Credit Scoring 101 thread.. and the Auto Credit thread.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone had Success with Trans Union?

I am not a big fan of the CRA's or debt in general because of the YEARS I have spent battling these agencies.

Every 30 days (for 4 years now) I submit a dispute regarding 3 trade line listings.  In two cases I have letters fro mthe originating creditor stating the account doesn't belong to me and they can't even find my social in their systems. 

In the final issue, I have a letter from the originating creditor instructing the CRA's to update the trade line as paid never late.  There was pre-arranged agreement with the firm and some extenuating circumstances.  The creditor has no problem and has placed it in writing removing the "late payments".

Trans Union sends the same response back claiming to have validated the listings as accurate and refer me back to the originating creditor to get a letter in writing from them.  No one at Trans Union can tell me what additional information is required to have these issues corrected.

There is more to this 4 year saga but this is the gist of it.  Phone calls do not work.  Trans Union reps are sympathetic but allege they are unable to make any changes because my profile has been permanently labeled as a "troublemaker" because of the number of complaints I filed on the same issue and they essentially said there is no way to have inaccurate information removed without legal action.

The problem with that is that a lawyer wants quite a large retainer to even take them on. 
Message 3 of 4
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Has anyone had Success with Trans Union?

Grinwithin wrote:

The problem with that is that a lawyer wants quite a large retainer to even take them on. 

Small Claims court? 1 action for every single violation?  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.