Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiry

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inquiry

I just recieved an alert which showed that a CA made a HARD inquiry and it just showed on my CR.  Is this legal and or permissible? I did not authorize it or talk to them at all but the do have a charge off acct in collections.  If it is not, what recoures or actions should I take? Thanks
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Inquiry

I have like 20 of them on 3 Reports in the past 2 years. That's because few of my accounts were sent over to collections.

Message 2 of 3
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Inquiry

rjchango wrote:
I just recieved an alert which showed that a CA made a HARD inquiry and it just showed on my CR.  Is this legal and or permissible? I did not authorize it or talk to them at all but the do have a charge off acct in collections.  If it is not, what recoures or actions should I take? Thanks

If the inquiry was made by a CA handling this CO, then yes they do have PP.  Ethically, you should not dispute it while others say you should because most CA's are sleazy and frequently break laws.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.