Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insurance score/credit check

tag
guydiver
Established Contributor

Insurance score/credit check

I just filled out an on-line auto insurance quote from Progressive.  They gave me a graph and said my insurance score put me in the 78th percentile, better than 78% of their applicants.  No score provided though, but it did say I could get a free report from Experian and they provided the contact information.  I don't have a clue what my EX Fico score is.  I avoid them whenever possible.  I do know I still have a Cap1 CO on there that is almost 7 years since DOFD, and a mortgage 30,60,and 90 day lates the same age.  I used another on-line quote that went through LesixNexis, but no score range or CRA given.  I'm waiting until March 1 to see if any of those baddies fall off a month early before I apply for anything of any kind.   

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
GregB
Valued Contributor

Re: Insurance score/credit check

It will be an Insurance Model Score. Range 150-950. Set by National Conference of Insurance Legislators Model Act. Nothing to do with FICO.

Message 2 of 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

It will be a soft pull, so no impact to your FICO score.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 5
guydiver
Established Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:
It will be a soft pull, so no impact to your FICO score.

Thanks pizza.  I was pretty sure of that though.  But I did find $450/yr. discount on my auto premium. Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@guydiver wrote:

Thanks pizza.  I was pretty sure of that though.  But I did find $450/yr. discount on my auto premium. Smiley Very Happy

Nice !!  Way to save a bundle on your car insurance !!

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.