Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interest rates on CC

tag
scorepower
Regular Contributor

Interest rates on CC

I heard about how you can call the credit card company and ask them to reduce your interest rates.  Recently i called AMEX 19% reduced to 11.9%, Capital one, 17.5% reduced to 12.9%, Wells Fargo, 19% reduced to 14%.  It helped to do this so if you have high interest CC, please call and ask them to lower it.  It was very easy and they were willing to do it.  Hope this helps.

Message Edited by scorepower on 08-17-2007 02:47 PM
1/16/16 Credit Check Total FICO 08 Scores: TU 633, EX 651, EQ 629
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
sl
Established Contributor

Re: Interest rates on CC

Yep, call the CCC and ask for a reduced interest rate.  They are not going to give it to you automatically you have to ask for it.

I call all mine every six months to remind them I am still our there paying my bills on times.
Message 2 of 6
scorepower
Regular Contributor

Yes, you do have to ask otherwise they won't do it.  They even told me to callback in a couple of months and see if they can reduce it further.  Wish i would of known this earlier so i could of saved some $$ on interest. 
1/16/16 Credit Check Total FICO 08 Scores: TU 633, EX 651, EQ 629
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

scorepower wrote:
I heard about how you can call the credit card company and ask them to reduce your interest rates.  Recently i called AMEX 19% reduced to 11.9%, Capital one, 17.5% reduced to 12.9%, Wells Fargo, 19% reduced to 14%.  It helped to do this so if you have high interest CC, please call and ask them to lower it.  It was very easy and they were willing to do it.  Hope this helps.

I know they tell you to do this..well, I finally got up the gumption a hile back. Called WaMu, asked them to reduce my interst rate. They flatly refused. called back another time, refused. Asked to speak to person's supervisor, but he refused me too. Arrrgh.

Maybe I'm not saying the right things or talking to the wrong people? Advice??
Message 4 of 6
andyaycw
Frequent Contributor

Some banks, like wamu, are more stubborn than others. There is not much you can do except to avoid those banks.

Starting Score: EQ 773, TU 766
Current Score (2/25/2017): EX 813, EQ 823, TU 818
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.