Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting Issue with CCA Collection Agency

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting Issue with CCA Collection Agency

Almost 7 years ago, I had some medical issues and several accounts went into collections. I won't go into the issues, but a move, insurance, etc were involved Smiley Happy I signed up for TrueCredit and got an alert on a new derogatory on all three CRAs in April which was interesting since I've been an **bleep** retentive credit guy for the last five years. It was from Collection Company of America (CCA). It was the same account number, but was off by $1. I called the CA and started asking some questions and it seems that they changed to a new system and there was some rounding errors. I complained to their compliance officer and told him what the problem was and he was pretty freaked out. Needless to say, he offered to remove the new and the old ones. They were up for removal next year anyways, but it was still nice to get them off, although I think the alert caused a jump in my BOA CC. If you have a CCA account on your CR, then this may be a bargaining chip or something to be aware of... Cheers, Kevin
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Interesting Issue with CCA Collection Agency

thanks!Smiley Very Happy

Keep putting them out there guys!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks,

I thought this might be of interest to folks here.

Interestingly enough, through attrition and some dumb luck, I'm down to two derogs left from my medical issues, both from the same company, IC systems...

I think through sweet talking the Original creditor, they got IC to take it off, so I have one left with them and I'm hoping that I can use that removal to get the last one off.....I'm crossing my fingers....also I looked at my post....I put A N A L retentive and it bleeped out the first part...lol...now I'm a FICO forums deadbeat I guess..lol

Kevin
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

KevinB wrote:
also I looked at my post....I put A N A L retentive and it bleeped out the first part...lol...now I'm a FICO forums deadbeat I guess..lol

Kevin

I get bleeped too, it's ok Smiley Very Happy

When they lock up your thread, that's when you know you've acquired "deadbeat" status.  kidding.
No worries!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.