Contributor
KevinB

Interesting Issue with CCA Collection Agency

Almost 7 years ago, I had some medical issues and several accounts went into collections. I won't go into the issues, but a move, insurance, etc were involved :smileyhappy: I signed up for TrueCredit and got an alert on a new derogatory on all three CRAs in April which was interesting since I've been an **bleep** retentive credit guy for the last five years. It was from Collection Company of America (CCA). It was the same account number, but was off by $1. I called the CA and started asking some questions and it seems that they changed to a new system and there was some rounding errors. I complained to their compliance officer and told him what the problem was and he was pretty freaked out. Needless to say, he offered to remove the new and the old ones. They were up for removal next year anyways, but it was still nice to get them off, although I think the alert caused a jump in my BOA CC. If you have a CCA account on your CR, then this may be a bargaining chip or something to be aware of... Cheers, Kevin
Established Contributor
trinigal

Re: Interesting Issue with CCA Collection Agency

thanks!:smileyvery-happy:

Keep putting them out there guys!
Contributor
KevinB

Thanks,

I thought this might be of interest to folks here.

Interestingly enough, through attrition and some dumb luck, I'm down to two derogs left from my medical issues, both from the same company, IC systems...

I think through sweet talking the Original creditor, they got IC to take it off, so I have one left with them and I'm hoping that I can use that removal to get the last one off.....I'm crossing my fingers....also I looked at my post....I put A N A L retentive and it bleeped out the first part...lol...now I'm a FICO forums deadbeat I guess..lol

Kevin
Established Contributor
trinigal

KevinB wrote:
also I looked at my post....I put A N A L retentive and it bleeped out the first part...lol...now I'm a FICO forums deadbeat I guess..lol

Kevin

I get bleeped too, it's ok :smileyvery-happy:

When they lock up your thread, that's when you know you've acquired "deadbeat" status.  kidding.
No worries!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+