Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting interactive Credit Card Default Map

tag
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Interesting interactive Credit Card Default Map

Very interesting....

In its Quarterly Report on Household Debt and Credit for the fourth quarter of 2011, the Federal Reserve Bank of New York drilled down on consumer indebtedness by county and by asset class.

Click on the image below to launch an interactive map of the FRBNY results. The darker the red color, the higher percentage of credit card delinquencies. Areas in gray did not have populations large enough to qualify for the study.

http://www.insidearm.com/media/debt-choropleth/

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Interesting interactive Credit Card Default Map

Both links are dead. At least for me.

Message 2 of 7
awal
Regular Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

Both links are dead. At least for me.

Seems to be working now.

Starting Scores: 
Current Scores:  
Message 3 of 7
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

Wow. Up to 50% in some aresa. Staggering.  

Interesting how the concentration seems proportional to the areas with a higher concentration of elderly residents and immigrant populations. (read fixed incomes) 

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 4 of 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Finally connected.

I'm sure it wasn't operator error!?

Message 5 of 7
cahiatt
Contributor

@crunching_numbers wrote:

Interesting how the concentration seems proportional to the areas with a higher concentration of elderly residents and immigrant populations. (read fixed incomes) 

Like most of South Florida? Yikes....

Starting Score: 594 (Dec 10, 2010)
Score: 758 (March, 2013
Goal Score: 730 on all (by end of 2012)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 7
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@crunching_numbers wrote:

I doubt its related to fixed income, since after a while most seniors come to grasp of what there budget is and learn how to live with in them. well there is my mother-in-law but don't get me started on her,  70 yrs old and still doesn't understand a budget.  I would assume its mostly related to low incomes and youth that want everything and the poor economy  that brought the reality that everything comes with a price tag and interest if you put it on a credit card or loan. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.