Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting

tag
NP27
Established Contributor

Interesting

I was disputing an old tradeline on Equifax.com yesterday and I saw something interesting while I was doing so.  When I entered into the dispute screen I noticed in the URL it said experian.referral.equifax.com.  Does anyone know why it would have both experian and equifax in the URL?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Interesting

@NP27 wrote:

I was disputing an old tradeline on Equifax.com yesterday and I saw something interesting while I was doing so.  When I entered into the dispute screen I noticed in the URL it said experian.referral.equifax.com.  Does anyone know why it would have both experian and equifax in the URL?

Did you dispute it through one of Experian's credit report access services (freecreditreport.com and the like), or through the Equifax online dispute tool directly?

URL's are just a way of tracking where a request came from if you can't / decide not to do it other ways.

        
Message 2 of 4
NP27
Established Contributor

Direct through EQ website

Message 3 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@NP27 wrote:

Direct through EQ website

Good catch, possibly dumb mistake on their website.  The base URL redirects to the Experian referal and that is the one which comes up on a Google search for "Equifax dispute"; however, if I go in through the Equifax Credit Report Assistance route:

http://www.equifax.com/CreditReportAssistance/

It comes up with the expected URL.  Shoddy integration but this is Equifax Consumer we're talking about.

        
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.