Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduction

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Introduction

Hello all, just joined the community a couple of days ago and look forward sticking around and leraning from all of you. MyFico truly is an amazing community. A couple of years back someone was using my identity fradulently and proceeded to open up several accounts. I received a letter from Equifax stating all 7 had been deleted. I did not really become aware of my credit history until this happened, currently my scores are 523 TU and 518 EQ (Credit Karma) it states that the next update will be in three days. Should I be expecting a huge bump upon these being deleted? Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Introduction

Welcome to the community prdct!  Good to have you here.

Yes, you should see a bump in at least Equifax (since they're the ones you know made deletions). Also, Credit Karma updates weekly if nothing else special triggers an earlier update. I've had earlier than scheduled updates when there was some kind of a trigger. I would assume those deletions would qualify, but don't know for certain. Anyway, if Credit Karma notices, you could see your new score earlier than expected.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response and the welcome. Checked Credit Karma and still no change should see it by Wednesday I believe. Very excited to see how much it jumps. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Op, as you become vested in growing your credit, it may make sense to invest in a true fico score. CKs scoring model called Vantage Score is great for seeing changes in your report but fico scores are used by the majority of lenders. There are several options - that include an annual free credit report - in some states you can get multiple. Check out the rates on MyFico or Credit Check Total or a variety of others. There are also quite a few credit cards that provide scores. I feel the small monthly fee is worth the knowledge of where I stand.

The large bump on your score will come from the last baddie coming off. Do you have more or was it all tied to the fraud?

Good luck on your journey and welcome to the family!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.