cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Amex Delta Skylines Card feasible with Bankruptcy?

tag
Bruiser
Regular Contributor

Re: Is Amex Delta Skylines Card feasible with Bankruptcy?

I just called the 1-888-826-3471 # and spoke with someone. She said that if I have a BK, I would need to have it cleared before they look at it again. I told her that I know of people who have a BK still on their report who got the card. She then forwarded my app to her supervisor to look over. Suppose to expect a call back within 48 hours.

BK 7 Filed: 08/07/15
BK 7 Discharged: 11/04/15
Discharge Scores: Equifax (572) - TransUnion (586) - Experian (511)
Goal: 700+
Credit Cards: NFCU nRewards ($500) - CapOne Platinum ($300) - CapOne QuicksilverOne Rewards ($300) - Victoria's Secret ($250) - Firestone ($1200)
Auto Loan: NFCU ($34.6K @ 7.7%)
Message 11 of 26
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Good luck! Keep us updated!
Message 12 of 26
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

Well whoever got approved with the BK got lucky somehow. I reconned mine and my BK was in 1998 and was told they would be happy to approve me once the BK was not showing on my CR. So I need to wait until Oct 08 to apply again to have any real shot at getting an AMEX. the gentleman I spoke with however was extremely nice and pretty much said that was the only thing causing the issue Smiley Sad
Message 13 of 26
Bruiser
Regular Contributor

chartley3 wrote:
Well whoever got approved with the BK got lucky somehow. I reconned mine and my BK was in 1998 and was told they would be happy to approve me once the BK was not showing on my CR. So I need to wait until Oct 08 to apply again to have any real shot at getting an AMEX. the gentleman I spoke with however was extremely nice and pretty much said that was the only thing causing the issue Smiley Sad

hmm, thanks for the info,..and sorry you have to wait so long
I'm fearing I may have to do the same,..but it is 2011 for me Smiley Sad

but in the mean time, I'll pretend everything is going to work out and when i get the call, he'll say I'm approved,. Smiley Surprised
Credit Cards: NFCU nRewards ($500) - CapOne Platinum ($300) - CapOne QuicksilverOne Rewards ($300) - Victoria's Secret ($250) - Firestone ($1200)
Message 14 of 26
Bruiser
Regular Contributor

got the call back today,...the manager is sticking to the original decision and not approving me due to bk

my score is worthy, and so is my report minus the bk he said

Smiley Indifferent
Message 15 of 26
Bruiser
Regular Contributor

are there any other cards out there similiar to this one that is ok with a BK?
prefer an Experian or Equifax pull, my strongest scores
Eq 653
Ex 642

all i have now are starter cards with annual fees,..looking for something better without having to pull too many inq
Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you looked on:

Message 17 of 26
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

I wouldn't give up on AMEX just yet... Try PFB. All they can do is say no again. Smiley Happy
Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, i am new here but have been reading for awhile, I applied for the Delta and Hilton AMEX and was decline for both because of BK about 7 years ago, I called today and spoke with someone and he said that I was declined for BK period, I asked if there was anyone else i could speak with and he said no. My fico scores are around 700 and my file is clean since BK. Looks like they are not even approving on recon.
Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are absolutely correct with reconn was told that bk was the reason they would not approve  Delta Skymile Amex. I was very disappointed i had been waiting for 2 weeks on a answer and finally after talking to several different nice people they gave me their final decision. I could not understand that because they gave me the Amex Gold Reward 2 years after my Bk, i guess that just slipped through the cracksSmiley Surprised
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.