Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Cap1 going to give me crap if...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is Cap1 going to give me crap if...

I apply for new card with a higher limit and try to combine it with my old Cap1 card? Or are they going to make up some weird excuse several times first before doing so? I know they can combine the cards... I just don't know how lenient they are with that process... Let me know. Thanks! Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is Cap1 going to give me crap if...

I have had both of my cards for a while now, 4 and 2 years each I think it is... I called to ask them to remove an annual fee from the older account and they offered for me to combine the two right off the bat.  I'm not so sure how they'll feel about it with you opening a new account and then asking.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been stuck at $500 CL for CapOne since June of 2002. They don't like me because they make no money off of me because i PIF each month and charge a small amount right before the next statement comes out.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have had both of my cards for a while now, 4 and 2 years each I think it is... I called to ask them to remove an annual fee from the older account and they offered for me to combine the two right off the bat. I'm not so sure how they'll feel about it with you opening a new account and then asking.

Hmm... Interesting. I don't know if I want to do this anymore since I just seen that Cap1 doesn't report your limit... which pretty much hurts your util, right??
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as I understand what happens is that the CRA's default to your highest reported balance as your credit limit.  I actually made the mistake of exceeding my credit limits in the past and they were reported as such.  So it seems as though I actually have a higher limit reporting than I actually have on the card, but generally speaking no they don't report your limit, so if you haven't charged anything on the card or only a small amount, and you have a fairly high limit you are not getting the full benefit of that limit.

Hope that all makes sense.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
As far as I understand what happens is that the CRA's default to your highest reported balance as your credit limit. I actually made the mistake of exceeding my credit limits in the past and they were reported as such. So it seems as though I actually have a higher limit reporting than I actually have on the card, but generally speaking no they don't report your limit, so if you haven't charged anything on the card or only a small amount, and you have a fairly high limit you are not getting the full benefit of that limit.

That is so not fair to the consumers. A lot of people don't like to go even near their limit. If I started my credit life with Cap1 (and nothing else) and never spent more than $200 on it but have avail credit of $3000, how are they supposed to calculate your util? Don't get me wrong, they have great cust service skills, but this doesn't seem fair at all.
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
As far as I understand what happens is that the CRA's default to your highest reported balance as your credit limit. I actually made the mistake of exceeding my credit limits in the past and they were reported as such. So it seems as though I actually have a higher limit reporting than I actually have on the card, but generally speaking no they don't report your limit, so if you haven't charged anything on the card or only a small amount, and you have a fairly high limit you are not getting the full benefit of that limit.

That is so not fair to the consumers. A lot of people don't like to go even near their limit. If I started my credit life with Cap1 (and nothing else) and never spent more than $200 on it but have avail credit of $3000, how are they supposed to calculate your util? Don't get me wrong, they have great cust service skills, but this doesn't seem fair at all.

THought I saw a post here a whiole back about Cap1 starting to report CLs. maybe the end of this year, first of next?

Not sure.
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to see that happen, I agree that it's not right to not report CL's. 
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Many people have reported the CapOne CSRs promising that CLs will be reported this fall or at least by the end of the year.
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

edit

Message Edited by jizoe182 on 07-25-2007 01:47 PM
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.