Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is CreditCheckTotal Legit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is CreditCheckTotal Legit?

I just pulled my information and I'm wondering how legit this site is. Can I use the results to help disputes? For example, I have an account that states 

Experian:Paid, was past due 60 daysEquifax: Pays account as agreed

It also doesn't show anything under Transunion. 

Why aren't barely any of the accounts listed under Transunion? If a charged off account is removed because of an "error" can the bank still come after me for the money afterwards?

Should I dispute? What reason should I use? 

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is CreditCheckTotal Legit?

CCT is a legit company and offers a great product/service.

I'm probably the #1 fan of $1 CCT trial memberships on this forum; I've done maybe 30-40 at this point.  Never had any issues, their provided reports and scores are spot on and I've never been charged a penny more than should have been the case.  The couple of times that I've missed cancelling my 7 day trial and I've been billed the $29.99 or whatever it is for the monthly membership, I've called them and they've promptly reversed the CC charge.  I'm a fan of CCT and have nothing bad to say about them.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBS is my go-to guy for anything about CCT!

You ask a number of other questions.  My comments are in blue below.

@Anonymous wrote:

I just pulled my information and I'm wondering how legit this site is. Can I use the results to help disputes? For example, I have an account that states 

Experian:Paid, was past due 60 daysEquifax: Pays account as agreed

It also doesn't show anything under Transunion. 

Why aren't barely any of the accounts listed under Transunion?

We'll be able to help you out better if you tell us what accounts are listed on EX, what accounts are on EQ, and what accounts are on TU.  You mention that barely any of your accounts are listed on TU, which sounds like you are getting some data on TU, if not a lot

One way to do that might be give us something like this:

Accounts on all three bureaus:

Account X

Account Y

Account Z (etc.)

Accounts on EX and EQ but not TU

Account A

Account B

Account C etc.

If a charged off account is removed because of an "error" can the bank still come after me for the money afterwards?

Unsure what the quotes around the word error mean.  But regardless, the answer is the same, which is that what appears or doesn't appear on your credit reports doesn't have anything to do with whether a creditor can come after you for a perceived debt.  That latter issue is dealt with by the courts (not the credit bureaus).  When a debt is old enough it may pass something called the statute of limitations, in which case you can point to that in court and win; but the SOL has nothing to do with credit reports.

Should I dispute? What reason should I use? 

You should dispute things on your report that are both untrue and harmful.  (Everyone once in a while something can be on your report that is untrue and helpful, but that is rare.)  If the derogatory information is accurate, you should not dispute it.  There are other strategies for mitigating the harmful effects of true derogs that hurt your score.  The folks in the Rebuilding forum can tell you more about those.  (So can BBS.)

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

CCT is legit and it's a good value if you want access to your FICO 8 scores. However, I recommned using official copies of your credit reports directly from Equifax, Transunion, and Experian if you plan to dispute. Sometimes credit monitoring sites show things differently.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never dispute anything from third party report sites.  Always do it with your actual paper reports -- you can get free ones once a year online but I actually prefer to call each CB and requets a paper report mailed to me.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.