cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Greg Fisher credible or spouting off nonsense on credit scores...

tag
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Is Greg Fisher credible or spouting off nonsense on credit scores...

Was reading this person named Greg Fisher at Creditscoring.com.... What do people know about him and his background..

He comes across rather harshly.... but not sure if hes just spouting manure or actually knowledgable..... Dont see any mentions to sources and such....

Just figured id ask if folks knew what was up with him.. 

-J

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is Greg Fisher credible or spouting off nonsense on credit scores...

Don't know him, and hadn't heard of him previously.  Admittedly I don't pay attention to most of the talking heads.

He bashes things which admittedly aren't right (mostly), and I'll be the first to admit credit education in the US is abysmal, and many, MANY half-statements / half-truths by the media don't help with that; that said, there isn't a whole lot on there that isn't common knowledge here, but there are some things which are awkward or wrong, like the statement regarding PFD's which likely comes from not knowing there's no such thing as a mandatory reporter outside of potential agreements between bureau ane lender.

The fact he's not promoting more credit education, and instead is focusing on myths, is somewhat dubious in my estimation.  Frankly here and a few other places with material information on how to improve one's credit wind up being more useful but that's personal opinion and presumably he's trying to make a buck via advertising which causes him to trend towards more inflammatory statements to keep generating the almighty clicks. /shrug

        
Message 2 of 3
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Is Greg Fisher credible or spouting off nonsense on credit scores...

I'd rather get the info from a place like this also. At least for the most part there is hard line data from here that I.can compare to help in my decision making.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.