cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is It Really Possible to Bump Inquiries Off Your CR?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is It Really Possible to Bump Inquiries Off Your CR?

I was reading somewhere that it is possible to bump inquiries off your credit report by doing daily soft pulls of your own report. After 50 or so soft pulls of your own report, it will begin bumping the older hard pulls off of your inquiries.

Does anybody know if there is any validity to this? If so, where would you recommend I sign up that I can do daily soft pulls of EQ and TU for a monthly fee rather than having to pay $10-$15 for each pull?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is It Really Possible to Bump Inquiries Off Your CR?

It can happen but I don't recommend you spend extra $$$ to get it to work. Plus the CRAs can and do re-add the inquiries as we saw with TU recently. Furthermore, inquiry damage is overrated. TU added 8 back to mine and only saw a 4 pt point drop. IMO, it isn't worth it to spend $20-$40 per month in CMSs just to get a few points that would have returned anyway inside a year.

I do recommend signing up to a CMS for the monitoring aspect, though.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@llecs wrote:

It can happen but I don't recommend you spend extra $$$ to get it to work. Plus the CRAs can and do re-add the inquiries as we saw with TU recently. Furthermore, inquiry damage is overrated. TU added 8 back to mine and only saw a 4 pt point drop. IMO, it isn't worth it to spend $20-$40 per month in CMSs just to get a few points that would have returned anyway inside a year.

I do recommend signing up to a CMS for the monitoring aspect, though.

+1

The best way to manage inquiry damage is to limit your inquiries.  There are much better ways to improve your FICO score than trying to trick the system.  Plus, as Ilecs wrote, if it even works, it's temporary at best.  Concentrate on good credit management for material and long-term score improvement.  If you are desperately wanting a card that is inquiry sensitive, just wait until your inquiries are a year old.  At that point, you'll also have an additional year of payment history, so all things will work in your favor.  Good luck to you!

Message 3 of 6
laz98
Senior Contributor

it's never worked for me personally.  doesn't mean it doesn't work, though.

Message 4 of 6
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Total waste of money. I find it ironic that all these people are trying to rid themselves of TU inqs. Now they're in the same boat as us unlucky fools who got 25 month Experian pulls for any decent cards. Except the CU's. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just asking a question based on something I read...didn't realize I was going to be getting people upset.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.