cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Score from Equifax.com a FAKO or FICO?

tag
kchui1028
Contributor

Is Score from Equifax.com a FAKO or FICO?

I was just reading a post about the difference in FICO and FAKO.

I'm pretty sure the Equifax report i can pull daily is up-to-date since it comes directly from Equifax and i have access to dispute online.

and whenever there's any change on report, the score will change as well.

But is the score i see on Equifax a FAKO of FICO?

Just found out it's not a FICO score unless otherwise indicated, seems incredible sneaky of EQ to have FICO available and not show it as default.

https://help.equifax.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/244/noIntercept/1

I will probably get the FICO stanard here instead, but it looks like i can only get either EQ or TU FICO at one time?? Must i pay twice for two different scores?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is Score from Equifax.com a FAKO or FICO?

@kchui1028 wrote:

I was just reading a post about the difference in FICO and FAKO.

I'm pretty sure the Equifax report i can pull daily is up-to-date since it comes directly from Equifax and i have access to dispute online.

and whenever there's any change on report, the score will change as well.

But is the score i see on Equifax a FAKO of FICO?

Just found out it's not a FICO score unless otherwise indicated, seems incredible sneaky of EQ to have FICO available and not show it as default.

https://help.equifax.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/244/noIntercept/1

I will probably get the FICO standard here instead, but it looks like i can only get either EQ or TU FICO at one time?? Must i pay twice for two different scores?

It looks like you already found the answer to that.  Equifax will still sell you a FICO score but you have to look very hard to find it. You can get to it here: www.equifax.com/myfico-products.

Here at myFICO you can buy either your EQ or TU scores and reports separately or both at the same time. You might do an internet search first for "myfico discount codes" to save a few dollars. Those discounts though seem to be getting very scarce.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.