cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Sprint-Nextel trying to pull a fast one?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is Sprint-Nextel trying to pull a fast one?

Okay, here is another new guy who needs help with some CA's. I just found out about this forum, and I will be truly thankfull for any help that you can give.
Here is my problem.
I recently got a letter from the fourth  CA about a debt that I had  with Sprint-Nextel. They claimed that I still owe $2,125.00 dollars. I had sent the previous two two CA's a DV letter, and never heard back from either of them. I had made payment arraigements with the first one, and started making the payments according to the plan that was aggreed upon. The total debt was $2125.00. I had paid it down to $1100.00 with the first CA. I then had and accident, and lost everything. My house, the phones, and almost my job. I had become homeless, and living in my van(which was about to be repossessed). I could not make the payments for a while. I had called the CA and explained this to them. I never heard anything more until the second CA's letter. I sent them a DV(Of my own writing, before I found out about you guys's) and never heard back. I then got a new CA letter from a different company(The third one). I sent another DV to this CA company which I had stated that I disputed the amount that they said I owed($2125.00), and had mentioned to them that my records showed that I owed far less.  They are still claming that I owe the full amount. (Is Sprint-Nextel trying to pull a fast one?).Now another CA(the fourth one) has just sent a letter trying to collect the full amount again. I have responed to all the letters within the first week of the 30 day time period, asking for them to verify the correct amount of the debt, but it seems like I am not having any luck. I will pay what I owe(The $1100.00 dollars) but not anymore than this, (as $1025.00 dollars was already paid to the first CA) is what I show with my records that I owe.What do I do?
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.