cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is T-Mobile bill consider as a account in the credit report?

tag
stone
Regular Contributor

Is T-Mobile bill consider as a account in the credit report?

just curious to ask. if tmobile report this to the CRA

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is T-Mobile bill consider as a account in the credit report?

I don't know of any cell phone company that regularly reports to any of the CRA's. It seems they only report the negative stuff, especially lates.

Message 2 of 9
stone
Regular Contributor

lol, thats good since i open my moilbe account without a social.

Message 3 of 9
Juan123
Established Contributor

no, it will only report for nonpayment AND is sent to collections. so it'll never positively impact your credit report

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 4 of 9
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

T-mobile will not report however they might have pulled your credit before allowing you to sign a new contract - I believe that creditors can pull your CR with just a address & name.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@fused wrote:

I don't know of any cell phone company that regularly reports to any of the CRA's. It seems they only report the negative stuff, especially lates.

No, only thing reporting wise would be an INQ for new contract and/or a collection for non-payment. They will not report as a tradeline for normal reporting.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@LS2982 wrote:

@fused wrote:

No, only thing reporting wise would be an INQ for new contract and/or a collection for non-payment. They will not report as a tradeline for normal reporting.

Well, I would like that changed. If an entity can report the bad, they should also report the good. I don't think I'm asking for too much.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fused wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@fused wrote:

Well, I would like that changed. If an entity can report the bad, they should also report the good. I don't think I'm asking for too much.

I agree, same goes for all regular monthly bills (utilities, rent/lease payments, etc). 

Message 8 of 9
mxp114
Valued Contributor

I agree. I guess only Congress can create a bill requiring that if you want to report neg, you need to report pos too. I wish mobile, cable, electric would report. Even if they only reported annually or very rarely.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.