Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is This CA in Violation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is This CA in Violation

I DV'd this CA and they haven't validated the debt. This is a medical CA. And today they reported again on my EX report as a new derogatory.  I didn't think they were allowed to try to collect or report while this debt is being disputed within the first 30 days.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is This CA in Violation

onmyway3161 wrote:
I DV'd this CA and they haven't validated the debt. This is a medical CA. And today they reported again on my EX report as a new derogatory.  I didn't think they were allowed to try to collect or report while this debt is being disputed within the first 30 days.

Did you send the DV CMRRR? If yes, do you have the receipt? How many days has passed since the CA received the DV?
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem. I have the receipt thats dated july 5th when they received my letter and they are still report to the CRA.
Message 3 of 6
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Also did you DV them within the first 30 days of the CA's intial contact with you?   Big difference, there aren't obligated to DV if it has been past the 30 days of when they either sent you there first bill or phone call.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. I got the return receipt back last week. It has been around 3 weeks since I DV'd them. But I haven't heard anything else from them.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem. DV signed 7/13......they have been updating CRA after that date.

Have i talked to them?  not that I remember.
As for receiving mail in the past...really not sure. I usually shread stuff I do not recognize  and I have never signed anything from them.

First time I saw their name was on CR 6/24
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.